Author Topic: Wonder if these would work  (Read 6487 times)

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
Re: Wonder if these would work
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 09:30:49 AM »
Looks to me that thy would tend to want to Pull off the side of the tire when you skid steer ?
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 08:39:04 AM »
If they are wider there would be more ground contact.  You would probably need wheel extension due to the extra width to make them fit.  I would also wonder how they would hold up to skid steering vice traditional steering.  Also how hard would it be for the 6x6 to make sharp turns/u-turns.  If you could get a good used set of 6 cheap enough it may be worth a try just to see what happens.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:40:49 AM by ascaw »

Offline garretttpe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 08:30:52 AM »
I am wondering if they would work for a AATV, 6 wheeler..........I should have said that. If each tire is 2-3 inches wider then a stock tire then they should give some extra "flotation" I would think

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 08:21:28 AM »
I just looked at the 4orce website to see what they are.  Too me they look like very aggressive tires that will improve traction but will not reduce ground pressure like tracks on a 6x6.  They may allow you to get further into the thick, deep, heavy stuff before you get stuck due to the same ground pressure as stock tires.  I guess it would depend on the type of terrain and conditions she would be riding in.

Offline garretttpe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
Wonder if these would work
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 07:45:54 AM »
HI All

My wife wants a Polaris ranger and while searching craigslist I came across someone selling a set of "tracks" for a ranger from a company called 4orce mobility... very interesting, they have them in 21 inch and the price looks good.