Author Topic: What people like to ride  (Read 1987 times)

Offline garretttpe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
Re: What people like to ride
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 08:58:10 PM »
 popcorn popcorn

Offline AndyL

• 6x6'er
    • Andrew Lapp - Concert Pianist
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 04:34:34 PM »
Just throwing this out there...

Keep an eye out for Max's resurrection  ;)

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 10:01:08 AM »
There are a few differences.  Style and looks are the obvious ones.  Engine and transmission location on the Argo is in the front and on The Max machines is in the rear.  With the engine and tranny in the front it makes the Argo nose heavy and sits front down when floating on water.  The transmission on all the Max machines is the T-20 which is a very stout and durable transmission.  Argo has changed their transmissions a few times over the years.   I think a lot comes down to personal preference and what they will be used for.  Most guys that are building a machine for trail riding or racing prefer the T-20 transmission.  Max is no longer made but there are several on the used market and most parts are still available both new and used.  I prefer the Max machines and the Attex machines but I would never rule out the others if the price was too good to pass up.   twoCents

Offline RJ1?

• New 6x6'er
What people like to ride
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 01:30:09 PM »
I wad looking at the survey on what kind of 6x6 people liked and was shocked when I saw the results. By far Max won and Argo was far behind. What is it with the Max that beats out the Argo? I've drove both and liked both but I liked the shape of the Argo a lot more the Max seems like a box to me it's a great running machine though but so is the Argo. Can somebody tell me what the difference is in both machines and then maybe I'll understand why the Max driver's love them so much more.