Author Topic: Stuff  (Read 2920 times)

Offline garretttpe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
Re: Stuff
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 08:08:55 PM »
WHOOO, found a house and we have a excepted offer, it was a FSBO, they put the sign out 3 days ago, we saw it, shook hands and tomorrow all paperwork will start, hope to move in in 30 days or less, 4 bedroom, 3 bath, and 5 acres with nothing but woods behind it. they are an older couple (mid 70's) and are buying a 1 story on 7 acres next door. win win for all of us..

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 08:57:27 AM »
thanks ascaw

Maybe I am weird but no one has a riser on the septic tanks here, (I had one on each of my houses in Maine)  so that tells me tanks do not get pumped out regularly and most people wait for a failure, I believe 300 dollars every 3 years to pump is way cheaper than a new septic system...in addition a 110 dollar discharge cleanable filter also prevents any solids from going into the leach field. I had 2 of them on my pump up system on my primary house.....

I got boned last year with the house I bought for my mother in law with the leach field failing and spending 13k to replace, wont do that again, that one was fine with a old man who never did cloths or showed much, but when my mother in law moved in with her boy toy the water usage went up 400 percent that is when the system showed its failure...

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 08:53:12 PM »
Good call on walking away.  Your request for a septic inspection is very reasonable.  I would require a septic pump out and inspection as well.  This house apparently was not meant to be.  A better house will be in your future.

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 08:21:42 PM »
Well the house offer was denied, they countered my offer then I countered there's and they never responded. they countered at 279k and no septic inspection, I said 268k and septic inspection...so no deal and now to look for another one, not going to pay 268k and have to replace all the hardwood flooring due to cat piss and not know if the 30 year old septic system is in good condition...

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 08:26:16 PM »
this property only has 1.3 acres, I will have to trailer the MAX for any real riding but that is fine, lots different than being in Maine with 1500 miles from my house.

Lots diff here in VA, ATV's get a title only and no registration as you cant drive them on the road, In maine you need to register them every year but no title needed...

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 11:27:11 AM »
You make it sound better already.  Hopefully all it needs is a good airing out after the hardwood is replaced.  It makes you wonder how some people can live in those type conditions.  I used to work in HVAC and have seen most everything from pets destroying houses to hoarders to infestations and even adult stuff.  Some people must not care how they live or who sees it.  On a lighter note, why add such a small garage.  rofl  That's a good size and should give you lots of space for the toys.  How many acres does it have?  Hopefully enough to give the Max a good workout. 

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 10:49:13 AM »
the owners have already replaced the carpet in the 3 bedrooms and in the finished basement and there is ZERO smell in those places. I will be low balling the offer to give me time to get a contractor in it to give a quote to replace all the hardwood and possible the sub floor. walls have been repainted, other than the smell in the house is in AWESOME CONDITION and suits my needs perfectly for now, Of course in time I will have to re due the kitchen for my needs but that isnt a big deal and add a 30x30 garage..

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 08:56:50 AM »
You may have to replace the flooring in the entire house.  Depending how bad it is you may have to replace some sub-flooring also.  The animals could have sprayed or peed on the walls to make their territory also.  If the animals were peeing in the house that means they were probably defecating in the house also.  I've seen houses that had to be gutted and redone to repair the damage that animal had done.  Hopefully the house you are looking at isn't to bad.  You may want to take a second look before making an offer.  Hopefully it is a great deal for a great house that just needs some TLC.  Good luck.

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 07:58:41 AM »
Wow  stp
I have 2 cats but if you didn't see them you wouldn't know I had them in the house !
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 07:52:44 AM »
well we found a house in Ruckersville, gonna put in a offer today, only prob is that the previous ppl had cats and dogs and the piss is in the hardwood floor which has already been sanded and re stained but still smells like piss bad so it needs to be 100 percent replaced. there is probably 800 sq feet of floor that needs to be replaced.

what is wrong with people????

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 09:13:58 AM »
COOL  8) Your only 2 hrs  away from me. Now we need to find a Place to ride  whistling kik
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 09:04:27 AM »
Delduck, yes she will be happy with no snow, havent found a house yet might take some time.

DON, we are in Ruckersville, not far from you, I used to go to winchester to get rifle qualified with a company called Golden Seal, operated by a former Seal team 6 guy, it was a yearly requirement.

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 09:20:33 PM »
Congrats on the move I’ll bet in 2 months when the old homestead is frozen with tons of snow, the wife will be happy with the new house. Hope all is well

Offline Don

• 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 10:18:23 AM »
Where are you in Virginia? We're in the north end, just south of Winchester.

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
Stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 09:15:20 AM »
Well we made it to VA, with no issues, getting driver license's, registration, ins. all switched over, Looking at 2 houses today, living in a small A frame cabin in the woods for now.....hope to get the MAX down here in Nov.......busy busy