6x6 Technical Questions > Engine 2 cycle

Early max ii with twin jlo rockwell

<< < (2/2)

wedge:
2,Smokes are tuff at times ! When thy run thy run great  banana When thy Don't thy Don't  :'(
Don't get to frustrated with it as you may just want to change it over to a V/Twin 4 stroke and that way you can run it on trails ALOT easier  ;) I Like the 440's and had a blast with mine but the 4 stroke wins out for a Jump in and ride machine every time  dance

RayDiggins:
I appriciate it! Right now i'd love nothing more that to melt this thing down and be done with it. I just don't know what carb/carbs would work. I haven't checked Richards, but definitely will.

Dozer:
Hate to be blunt but I thibnk you should replace the carb with a smaller Tillotson HR or a Mikuni snowmobile style carb. 
I understand there are no parts being made for your HD and to be honest they were no good when new.  Just my opinion.
Did you check with Richard as they may have something? What do you other guys think? Dave

RayDiggins:
Hi, all. I have been restoring this max ii for months now, I bought it in bits and pieces, and have been slowly, and methodically piecing it back together. I started out with the easy stuff, all new chains, bearings, went through the electrical, and the t20, as well as the fuel system. I bench tested my twin jlo and it had bad compression, so I went .10 over with new pistons and rings, have good compression now... The stupidest part now is im hung up on the carb! I thought i was going to just fire this baby right up and drive out of my garage with it being a "freshly rebuilt" carb (from the previous owner) , not so much! This walbro wd-33 is driving me crazy! He was missing a gasket, and the metering lever was out of wack, I fixed that. Now it will fire off, but runs like garbage. It just dumps fuel with my high and low turned out 1 and a quarter turns like the manual says they should be, so the only way i can get it to run is both at half turns out.
I guess my question is, does anyone have any suggestions, or know of a replacement carb? I question the needles, and unfortunately i can't find then ANYWHERE!?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version