Author Topic: 1997 Max II Overhaul  (Read 7472 times)

Offline JonathanF101185

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full 6x6'er
  • Jonathan's South Texas 6x6
1997 Max II Overhaul
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 11:38:20 AM »
Well I finally had time to overhaul my Max.  It needed new bearings, so I ordered them from Richards.  I also got other small things, body seals, etc for the machine.  I pulled the frame and painted it with Por15 rust frame paint.  Supposedly some of the best stuff on the market for that, so I went with it.  I also painted the exhaust, muffler, heat shield etc.  Cleaned up the inside of the tub since it was filthy.  Cleaned every chain and sprocket and started over with clean lubrication as there was dirt and grime in the chains.  I replaced the fuel line as well.  I painted the rims with black plastids too.  I don't have a final view of the machine closed as I'm tinkering with the engine at the moment.

One modification that was different than just regular clean up was installation of a bulkhead on the back of the max for the bilge pump.  I had an old water hose hanging out the vent of the top but I figured the bulkhead would look much cleaner.  It also sits out of the water with me in it so that won't be an issue.  Here are the pics! Let me know what y'all think of the clean up/overhaul.  dance
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 11:41:22 AM by JonathanF101185 »