Author Topic: Powder Coat  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Tbone9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
Re: Powder Coat
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 07:50:07 PM »
Thanks for the input. He did have to sand blast the parts. Next time I’ll get a rough estimate first. On the bright side it looks great. Too bad you won’t see it but my main reason was to prevent rust. I’m also enclosing the bearing cages and filling with grease. So if moisture gets inside it shouldn’t rust.
What it lacks in ground clearance is made up for with traction.

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 10:23:57 AM »
You kept it local, saved yourself a 90 minute round trip twice, once to drop it off and once to pick it up.  It may seem a little pricey but there are a lot of things to take into consideration. As Wedge said, was it ready for paint or did it require some prep work.  Travel time to and from the alternative place, gas and wear and tear on your vehicle.  Keep the big picture in mind.  And you may have made a good new contact for future endeavors.   twoCents

Offline Phelpsy69er

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 08:32:56 AM »
I personally think thats very pricey!!
phelpsy69er

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 07:56:43 AM »
It really depends on if there coat ready or not. If they have to Blast them to strip off any old paint and so on that's where you cost get higher. I had my complete Roll cage done for less than half that but it was ready to coat. So if you strip it yourself you save a Bunch of $
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 09:41:17 PM »
NO thats about right. good price , powder coating is not cheep but with smaller pieces its not too bad banana
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline Tbone9

• 6x6'er
Powder Coat
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 08:21:16 PM »
I dropped off some parts for powder coating at a fairly new buisiness in my home town. Keep it local right, rather than driving 45 minutes. They painted 6 wheel extensions 6 bearing cages and two support rails. I almost fell over when I picked them up and got the bill. $350.00. I couldn’t believe it. I know you pay more for this type of painting process but wow! What do you guys think? Did I get ripped off?
What it lacks in ground clearance is made up for with traction.