6x6 Technical Questions > Engine 2 cycle

What's the place to buy JLO parts?

(1/3) > >>

chrisgt500:

--- Quote from: rider on July 15, 2018, 07:36:41 AM ---I found a new Wiseco 2063ps piston and ring kit along with a used 2063p2 kit (.020 over) that was installed and tightened up once engine got hot, the piston was removed once the engine cooled and a 2063ps was put back in where it was. I also found a used jug. In the early '90's I bought out the last of Wiseco's stock of the 2063 pistons, Don just got 2 recently, these have been out of production since I bought them and these are the last 2 I have.
Also found a used 780 drive clutch from a 295,297,300 etc...

As far as your belt width, it is 15/16 to 1" depending on what you find, your new drive clutch is probably for a 1-3/16 belt, when we finally figured out my nephews issues we had to go with a 1" 780r from Vegas Carts as they had what we needed.

You can tell whether you have a Attex 297 or a 300 by whether it has square axles or not, 297's are square and all the other first gens are not.

--- End quote ---

I'm unexpectedly out of town for a few days and just have my phone, but mine has round 1"solid axles.
I used the original clutch. The generator shaft on the Honda has an inch or so that's 30mm so I turned it into a tapered for the 30mm Salisbury clutch. I resprung it for lower RPM and it seems fine, I just have a belt that's way too narrow. What's the original length of the belt? I guessed 1 inch or 15/16 for width, but can't find much that I think is going to be long enough. I'm thinking around 46 inches. I may just go with 1-3/16 and shim the secondary, I think I have a solution for that. Should net me some top end speed anyway.

rider:
I found a new Wiseco 2063ps piston and ring kit along with a used 2063p2 kit (.020 over) that was installed and tightened up once engine got hot, the piston was removed once the engine cooled and a 2063ps was put back in where it was. I also found a used jug. In the early '90's I bought out the last of Wiseco's stock of the 2063 pistons, Don just got 2 recently, these have been out of production since I bought them and these are the last 2 I have.
Also found a used 780 drive clutch from a 295,297,300 etc...

As far as your belt width, it is 15/16 to 1" depending on what you find, your new drive clutch is probably for a 1-3/16 belt, when we finally figured out my nephews issues we had to go with a 1" 780r from Vegas Carts as they had what we needed.

You can tell whether you have a Attex 297 or a 300 by whether it has square axles or not, 297's are square and all the other first gens are not.

chrisgt500:

--- Quote from: Don on July 14, 2018, 07:32:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: chrisgt500 on July 13, 2018, 03:59:16 PM ---Well I stuffed the Honda GX390 in, kinda lackluster compared to a 2 stroke but it gets me back on the road. Still looking to rebuild the JLO, though.
Anyone know what the proper CVT belt for my attex is? The belt I have now is too narrow, I'd pick up both top end and bottom end with the correct one.

--- End quote ---

Hey, Chris;
Do you have a Wild Wolf or an ST295? I'm pretty sure the belts are different.

--- End quote ---

I googled both those models and I don't think mine is either. I have a 1969 model that doesn't have the flat black engine cover and it has a baker hill transmission. I think the model is just 297, but i'm not sure.
Here's a picture from when i first picked it up and it looked really sad

Don:

--- Quote from: chrisgt500 on July 13, 2018, 03:59:16 PM ---Well I stuffed the Honda GX390 in, kinda lackluster compared to a 2 stroke but it gets me back on the road. Still looking to rebuild the JLO, though.
Anyone know what the proper CVT belt for my attex is? The belt I have now is too narrow, I'd pick up both top end and bottom end with the correct one.

--- End quote ---

Hey, Chris;
Do you have a Wild Wolf or an ST295? I'm pretty sure the belts are different.

chrisgt500:
Well I stuffed the Honda GX390 in, kinda lackluster compared to a 2 stroke but it gets me back on the road. Still looking to rebuild the JLO, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version