Author Topic: Oops happened again  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Dw89xj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full 6x6'er
Re: Oops happened again
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 07:53:28 PM »
Well I guess I can only post one picture a week, but trust me I have more.

It's looking very promising for my wife that the 960hk is going to be a good start. After several liberal doses of pb blaster and switching bad tires for less bad tires it rolls nice. Bearings all feel tight. Any grittiness seems to be less with each application of panther piss to the chains. All control cables will need replaced or I will need to fab linkage, she wants to stay with the split shift. She wants the laterals centered up and front and rear bumpers made. She also wants the same style cage as alot of hustlers have, I guess factory style? Over on 6x6world dirtdobber and racerone  had reel me back in on my aspirations for this machine and the Bigfoot, I was adding alot of weight very quickly in my big plans of braces and gussets and cages and tie bars and on and on and on. I do, however, want to make some sort of encloser for winter riding even if it's just the front seat to keep the wind off.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 08:10:24 PM by Dw89xj »
Dan

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 07:39:36 PM »
Size comparison of 980 bigfoot compared to 960hk
Dan

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 08:41:55 PM »
A 4-stroke is the way to go if you just want to trail ride it especially if you will put bigger tires on it and want/need the torque.  twoCents

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 05:49:49 PM »
Upon further investigation what I had thought to be a 900 is a 960 hk. I found the mangled data plate that took an obvious trip through a sprocket and chain. The bearings seem good tires are shot chains are crusty and the cable controls are frozen. After disconnecting the cables from the shifters the hustler will roll. The purists may hate me for it but this one's for my wife and she wants a 4 stroke, she basically wants it to be built to be a bigfoot but short tub. She wants it geared low, as big of tires as possible. She wants to keep it split shift though she really lived that feature in my max ii.  So needless to say I will have a Kohler k440-2AM and clutch for sale soon. The starter is missing and the recoil is laying in the tub but it turns free by hand and has compression, that's about as far as my interest in it goes  unless it sits around long enough for another project to come along.
Dan

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
Oops happened again
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 09:51:00 PM »
In my adventures a hustler 900 with Kohler 4402am followed me home. It seems to be in good shape. As soon as I get the frame out I will know if it's going to be parts or rebuilt.
Dan