Author Topic: new here from ne ohio  (Read 2491 times)

Offline stike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
Re: new here from ne ohio
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 04:23:07 PM »
That would be great Wedge I will definitely be needing parts and I may be getting another 6x6 from a friend of my sons that is apart but not sure yet on that one. I will let you know soon what I may need, thanks. Mike

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2019, 08:48:50 AM »
I may have parts if your in need. I do have new 3 to 5 bolt adapters on hand and some wheels if you want after you get moving on it .
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline stike

• 6x6'er
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 11:57:09 AM »
No tag by the seat I'll check the lip later, it is really clean it sat in a buddies barn for the last 10 years and I finally got him to give it to me because he sold his house, thanks for the welcome look forward to running around in it soon.

Offline Msafi65

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 09:58:50 AM »
Looks like a pretty clean older max. If the serial number isn’t on the tag to the left side of the seat it’s stamped on the lip above your voltage regulator. Numbers are only 1/16” so may have to look or sand it off a bit. 3 bolt tires on it so not likely newer than 76?? My regular driver is a 74. Have fun and welcome to the site.

Offline stike

• 6x6'er
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 04:26:02 PM »
Thank you everyone for the welcome and I am happy to see there are so many people nearby, I know it will be a lot of work fixing the max up but I enjoy doing this type of thing. Hopefully here are a couple pictures, haven't done anything with it yet but soon, when I do I will start a new post.

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 07:33:46 AM »
Stike
looks like you will be in good hands for sure with the caliber of people so close to you, IMO the best thing to do is gut it, replace everything and your machine will be good as new. if not you might be spending more time messing with it than riding it since it has probably been sitting for so long, Welcome to the site
 iagree ;) kik

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 12:09:35 AM »
Stike
looks like you will be in good hands for sure with the caliber of people so close to you, IMO the best thing to do is gut it, replace everything and your machine will be good as new. if not you might be spending more time messing with it than riding it since it has probably been sitting for so long, Welcome to the site

Offline dexter2011

• 6x6'er
    • West Branch CBI
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 11:08:56 PM »
Hello!  I am in Youngstown!

Offline joemeg

• Fellow Inmate
  • 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 08:26:37 PM »
 Welcome to the site stike. I'm in Cleveland and have properties in Andover and Espyville. Cruise thru Rome on 6 regularly. See ya at Pine Lake in June?

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 08:23:33 PM »
Welcome aboard !  tp
Your in good Hands there with Ascaw ! He is a great guy and fun to be around. If you need help just ask as we All here are ready to jump in  kik

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 06:47:59 PM »
Not too far then, I am in Conneaut.  I have a 1999 Max II.  If you have a serial number for your Max we can get the year for it if you are not sure.  Hopefully you can make it to the 50th anniversary 6x6 celebration this June 28th, 29th and 30th.

Offline stike

• 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 06:40:56 PM »
I'm about 1/2 hour south of pine lakes raceway in Rome, need to take some pictures just got it all I know is it has the jlo Rockwell motor and is in I think not bad shape, other than the tires.

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 06:24:32 PM »
Welcome, where in NE Ohio are you?  I also live in NE Ohio.  Lots of great info and knowledge on here so if you have any questions post them.  Post some pictures of your Max II.

Offline stike

• 6x6'er
new here from ne ohio
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 06:19:23 PM »
Hello all,
Just had an old max 2 fall in my lap (barn find) and started looking into them and now i'm hooked so will have many questions and hopefully some answers as well, looking forward to meeting new people and starting another off road addiction.

Mike