How To: Repair of your 6x6 Photos, Vidoes and Guides, please no questions > Body repairs

Stripping paint off the body

(1/1)

Delduck:
You are correct on the stripper we only use it when completely nessisary then we use Mel to solvent wipe everything down. But this prosses is nasty :P

wedge:
Looks Like it turned out great. I didn't want to use stripper as I have Exposed Fiber glass and thought it would get into it and Not let New adhere ?
But I thought about it on the good surface sections .

Delduck:
End result before repaint

Delduck:
We used aircraft stripper for this project. We removed 3 layers of epoxy paint and 1 layer of antifouling paint, expensive, gloves and respirator but 2 men 8 hrs done

wedge:
Just an FYI for anyone doing a Rebuild or upgrade.
I stripped the Lair after Lair of Paint off my FiberGlass body with a Very Cheap media !
First I have a Speed Blaster hand held gun that has a Hopper on top. Filled it with BAKING SODA I got at WallMart.
You will need a Dryer cartridge on the air input as any Moisture will give you a Pain ! I had to also back the Nozzle tip retaining off a turn or two to give the chamber a little more room to mix.
I will tell you first hand this WORKS GREAT !!
Didn't eat into the Fiber Glass Unless I worked at it .
Did a nice job on my steel and aluminum parts also ! The nice deal is It cleans up Very easy and you don't need a hood to cover your self as I doesn't beat you like sand.
And IT IS CHEAP !!!
Just thought I would pass this along.
In the Pic you can see the Hack Patch job done with Body filler and Chicken wire on the right. On the left is after I blew the same deal out with Banking soda.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version