6x6 Technical Questions > Engine 2 cycle

440 Rupp Air Cool

(1/5) > >>

Model Citizen:
For most people 25 -30 mph is all the adenalin they want or need. I just like a motor that when you start it, it usually starts right up & keeps running. Just my opinion, since I have experienced both.

Don:
Now, Bridget; I didn't say they were all slugs, but... stock, they're usually pretty slow. Now, if I had the money to buy one of the monster big blocks like you and Whipper run, and put that much into a big Yamaha two-stroke twin.... hate to think. I do run Bandolero in the Li'ltruck and it's fun and dependable, but just doesn't produce the adrenalin.

I'm not sure what the machines top out at, ascaw. There's a speed trap at the end of the strait at the Pine Lake but I've always been too busy to remember to look. Maybe someone will watch for me later in the month and I can get back to you.  ;D

Model Citizen:

--- Quote from: Don on October 05, 2017, 06:44:30 PM ---'Can't argue the fact that those garden tractor motors are more reliable than 2 strokes, but if I wanted to have a reliable transport and not much fun, I'd buy a quad.  :) Even at my advanced age, I still like to go fast, so: 2 strokes it is for me.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Awww, Don...you know all 4 strokes are not slugs. I spent many a date in the in laws garage while watching what's his name  tune a 2 stroke for a race and that wasn't much fun either.   hilarious In the desert we NEED a reliable ride. For all the off roading we have done, we have never been stuck out in the desert and we like to go both fast & slow. I liked my old 14hp even when it reliably backfired.  :-[ ;D

ascaw:
How fast are your 2-stokes Don?  Whippers 4-strokes do 50+ MPH.  My little 16 HP does 25 MPH and I can run it all day long having a blast and it is easy on gas.  Plus no mixing oil and gas.  I guess it depends what you like and what you are using it for.

Don:

--- Quote from: whipperag on October 05, 2017, 10:02:59 AM ---Not good enough motivation, junk that boat anchor. :)
Do you want to ride most of the time, or do you want to work on it all the time?
I'm sure your screaming neighbor is not going to be there to help you work on it. :))

--- End quote ---

'Can't argue the fact that those garden tractor motors are more reliable than 2 strokes, but if I wanted to have a reliable transport and not much fun, I'd buy a quad.  :) Even at my advanced age, I still like to go fast, so: 2 strokes it is for me.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version