Author Topic: MAX II Springer SS  (Read 3737 times)

Offline lw1911

• Trade Count: (1)
  • 6x6'er
Re: MAX II Springer SS
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 12:02:19 PM »
Most excellent video!
Men of their word are known to be trusted, superior, and reliable. A man who breaks his word is known to be weak, unreliable, and inferior.

Offline George

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 09:45:25 PM »
A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 08:52:09 PM »
Our grandson is almost 11 now, but when he was about 14 months old, Grandpa asked him to sweep the garage floor. He did his best, but kept getting distracted. I don't know how Whipper could build these things without his help.  hilarious A different kind of springer video for sure.

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 06:25:23 PM »
It has an Al Hodge (Performance V-Twins) Eagle II . 30 HP. Just enough to get me into & out of a lot of trouble in the desert.  ;D There were a few times when riding with the 14 hp, you could tell it was heating up & I would stop to let it cool down. The deep sand/ gravel  is the challenging part AND the outside temps. This motor is the best of both worlds. I can putz around on a trail or crank it out. It doesn't seem to care. And other than getting some crap in the jets 2 times over all these years & rides (probably from when it was sitting idle for too long) it has been one heck of a motor for me. Oh, and it's an ungoverned motor.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:22:24 PM by Model Citizen »

Offline Argo8x8

• 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 05:27:36 PM »
Andy  I think most guys are using big vanguard modified for more power.  it would work fine with stock
engine but after doing all that work with suspension most guys want more go. :))

Jeff Bar

Offline AndyL

• 6x6'er
    • Andrew Lapp - Concert Pianist
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 08:44:33 AM »
Cool! And that 14hp didn't do that bad with all the added weight/resistance of the springer suspension. What size v-twin did you guys put in the Max springer again?

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 06:40:06 PM »
This was my very first test ride in the desert with the SS. I 'm so embarrassed about climbing a little berm. Wasn't holding my sticks forward all the way. I'll have to make up for it in future rides.  ::) Think I was a little nervous. And Whip went in the water with him. Not me. I can't swim.  :( Our friend REB181 (who's a little late to the party) came with us in his Hustler, which, btw,  he drove all the way to Richard's Relics to get.
Going to try this pasting of the URL.

OMG...IT WORKED! How cool is that? Oh.also. this was with my 14 hp motor. Didn't have the V-twin in it yet. That's still to come. ;D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:55:43 PM by Model Citizen »

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 02:02:25 PM »
I have been looking at you guys rides for years.  coming from a Fabricators eye I like what I see !
I Have been building Race car for longer than I care to remember and Use to be NHRA certified Builder and have a lot of car's and Karts still out there. I must say to you all. HATS OFF TO A VERY WELL BUILT AND DESIGNE !!!!
Better Patton it as It can get stolen and be said it was there own !! I lost to Argo back when Humpry ride was around . But hay every time I see there front bumper it makes me smile as I did that for you !  8)
Next on the Board ?  popcorn
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline nubs

• 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 01:40:12 PM »
That is some fine workmanship

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
MAX II Springer SS
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 12:00:25 PM »
Rather than posting a bunch of pics in my gallery I thought this video might sum up his build. I didn't even get to test it yet other than on the driveway, but he does float like a butterfly.

Something to watch. :)

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:15:49 PM by Model Citizen »