Author Topic: Pine Lake Fall 2017  (Read 6067 times)

Offline George

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
Re: Pine Lake Fall 2017
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2017, 09:04:14 PM »
Well, I hope to give a good "beat down" at Hamlin. Hopefully JBF will make a wrong turn in Albuquerque.

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2017, 07:57:12 PM »
OK, so now you know that it was a little bit more than the drive.  :) Like Whip said, what we helped get started, you need to keep going. And for crying out loud, make sure Jimmy gets his stuff for winning 2 classes in points a year ago.  >:( I have a saying on my refrigerator that says "the meek will be taken advantage of unless they learn to speak up" . We haven't always heeded it ourselves & sometimes too much, but sometimes people can use some help..... ;) Right is right & wrong is still wrong.

So tighten those lug nuts, rofl  pile on the duct tape, rofl & have a blast. NO DNF's!!!! Some of you have had enough practice at that. :-*

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2017, 11:28:03 AM »
Whipper and Bridget, I knew you were instrumental in getting racing going again.   You did yeomans work and unfortunately got shafted in the process.  I don't blame you for not returning, that is a bitter pill to swallow.  Although I do not race my Max, I thank you for all you have done to bring the 6x6 community together.  These machines and events are alot of fun.  If I ever get out to your neck of the woods, or should I say desert, I will look you up so we can meet face to face. Again thank you for all you have done.

And keep posting those awesome pics and videos.  I'm looking foward to some videos of that crazy guy jumping cars in a 6x6 (if you have any).

Offline George

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2017, 11:21:11 AM »
I wish that those things never happened. I miss having you guys out this side off the country.

If you want to go to Hamlin, you know you have a place to stay and a racer to climb into.  :D

Offline whipperag

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2017, 10:05:14 AM »

Man! I didn't know all that shenanigans was going on.    Whipper and Bridget, how are you two doing?
Now you know why we've never come back.
Don't worry about us we're doing fine.
Go racing and have some fun.
We got it started again, it's up to you to keep it going.
Go catch some air. :) :)
Whipperag

Offline Joe M.

• 6x6'er
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2017, 09:23:50 AM »

Whipper & Bridget; you have to fly out here for one of these when you can. I know it's too far to drive and lug all the machines with you, so the Kinyons will put you each in a racer for at least a class or two. It's just not the same without you two!
Thanks for the invite Don, do you have some Springers we don't know about? hilarious hilarious
It's not likely you'll ever see us there again. I've spent enough money at Pine Lake.
Remind Bud he owes Whipper & Bridget $1600.00
Don you we're there that Friday morning, we we're told the track would be open all day to play and test and tune.
And we paid Bud the $500 a day he needed for the ambulance. Plus a little extra and we paid for all our racing just like every body else
Well that didn't happen did it. In fact, when some of us even stated our cars, Buds dad drove over and told us to turn them off. And what happened on Saturday? Bud was nowhere to be found.
I tried to call Bud for 2 days Cell, home, and work#,nothing.
We did finally get to race Sun. With no ambulance.
I entered 3 classes, I think then we we're doing 7 laps.
That's 21 laps divided by $1600 @ $76.19 lap.
Plus over $800.plus to drive home. Gas was over $4.00 a gal then.
So that's the story, No Fake News.
But thanks again for all the kind words and hospitality.
We probably would have come every year, but not after this.
Don't worry about us go racing and have some fun.
Thanks again, all of you.

Man! I didn't know all that shenanigans was going on.    Whipper and Bridget, how are you two doing?

Offline whipperag

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2017, 12:00:15 AM »

Whipper & Bridget; you have to fly out here for one of these when you can. I know it's too far to drive and lug all the machines with you, so the Kinyons will put you each in a racer for at least a class or two. It's just not the same without you two!
Thanks for the invite Don, do you have some Springers we don't know about? hilarious hilarious
It's not likely you'll ever see us there again. I've spent enough money at Pine Lake.
Remind Bud he owes Whipper & Bridget $1600.00
Don you we're there that Friday morning, we we're told the track would be open all day to play and test and tune.
And we paid Bud the $500 a day he needed for the ambulance. Plus a little extra and we paid for all our racing just like every body else
Well that didn't happen did it. In fact, when some of us even stated our cars, Buds dad drove over and told us to turn them off. And what happened on Saturday? Bud was nowhere to be found.
I tried to call Bud for 2 days Cell, home, and work#,nothing.
We did finally get to race Sun. With no ambulance.
I entered 3 classes, I think then we we're doing 7 laps.
That's 21 laps divided by $1600 @ $76.19 lap.
Plus over $800.plus to drive home. Gas was over $4.00 a gal then.
So that's the story, No Fake News.
But thanks again for all the kind words and hospitality.
We probably would have come every year, but not after this.
Don't worry about us go racing and have some fun.
Thanks again, all of you.

Whipperag

Offline lewie72

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 09:57:07 AM »
Go on the new east extreme dirt track webpage and click on track info it will give you the address

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 09:06:31 AM »
Sounds like an Idea for sure  May have to check Hamlin out. Any info on that place ?
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 07:48:26 PM »
  You will need a place to stay - I have that covered.  You can stay in our spare bedroom.  We are local, about 20 minutes from Pine Lake.  If you every thought about attending another Pine Lake event and seeing your 6x6 family and friends, do it while you are still able to.   ;)

That offer is sooo sweet of you, ascaw. I have siblings that live in the burbs of Cleveland still, so flopping somewhere is never an issue.  But thank you so much all the same. :)

Wedge, take a " ride up to country" on your bike. (Not the pink one).  ::) hilarious You'll love it. Trees will be turning colors.( My favorite time of the year back east.) Think about it.

Offline lewie72

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 07:21:51 PM »
Hey wedge the needt race is coming up in a few weeks in Hamlin pa not sure how far that is for you prob closer than Ashtabula if you want to come out and watch the 6 wheelers race

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 06:15:39 PM »
Pine Lake - 3796 Maple Rd, Jefferson, Ohio 44047

That is what they have on their Facebook page.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 06:17:29 PM by ascaw »

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 05:43:02 PM »
Good to see you DON !!
If someone can fill me in I want the Address for there so I can see what I am looking at if I can go ?
Maybe I can hit the Lottory and purchase Lewi's racer ?  whistling
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 02:54:19 PM »
Ok, Don has offered up a couple of machines and no commitments yet so it's time to sweeten the pot.  You will need a place to stay - I have that covered.  You can stay in our spare bedroom.  We are local, about 20 minutes from Pine Lake.  If you every thought about attending another Pine Lake event and seeing your 6x6 family and friends, do it while you are still able to.   ;)

As you can see "NO" doesn't appear to be an acceptable answer.   popcorn

If not this year it is something to consider for next year.

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2017, 09:14:37 PM »
Hey Don...good to see you here AND so many others. Hate to tell you, but I think you just might miss the bowl & the off-camber hill more than you know... someday.  :) It was unique & made the Pine Lake track a little more challenging than flat tracking.  Suppose it will be one of those special "memories" which are  always good to think back on.  ;) And then you can say "I was there when....".  ;D

We're counting on you guys to keep the dream alive & thanks for offering a machine or 2. At my age, as long as I can get in it I can drive it, but I've gotten a little spoiled with our springers.  ;D

I hope Whip or I can get a RACING thread started soon with the 2 years of videos that we took in 2009 & 2010, then you guys can add your carnage to it.  ;D  & Thanks for missing us as we've missed all of you.