Author Topic: Actual weight of Mudox Vengence?  (Read 6013 times)

Offline Allwheeldrive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
Re: Actual weight of Mudox Vengence?
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2017, 12:51:27 PM »
So On Topic !
I feel in my opinion that Any Hydro driven machine is going to be HEAVY ! The Pumps , Drive motors, Tanks, Coolers all weight in the mix.
 Plus the Heat and hoses alone are a problem in the long run.
Yea Chains are a Pain ! But Easy to work with and Tried and Try !!

You are correct. Coot 1,000 pounds Coot 2 Hydro 1,600 pounds
Hydro is cool, has a lot of benefits, but I hear all the time that Hydro is the most efficient. I do not understand "most efficient" At what? It seems Hydro machines need more power for their level of performance than non-hydro machines (see literally every hydro machine's HP vs same design as not HP) also having to move around 50% more mass is not very efficient either. 

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2017, 09:19:58 PM »
So On Topic !
I feel in my opinion that Any Hydro driven machine is going to be HEAVY ! The Pumps , Drive motors, Tanks, Coolers all weight in the mix.
 Plus the Heat and hoses alone are a problem in the long run.
Yea Chains are a Pain ! But Easy to work with and Tried and Try !!
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2017, 09:16:34 PM »
Also MOD it is My bad But I just Love what we have done here and Want to show that we the people stand Strong !!
I could Never have done anything with out YOU and the others who got the Boot ! I felt Down and out till we Built this up from the ashes !!

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 09:14:54 PM »
HAHA. Here's one more post.  rofl

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 09:13:08 PM »
Ok I Hear ya ! Plus an FYI ! I just saw that Movie with the Split eye last night and LOVED IT !!
As for the other !

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 09:01:43 PM »
I got ya, Wedge, but I'm not going to worry about what others may think. WE know we're not a bunch of HATERS. If anyone thinks we are, then they better think of how we tried to look out for others & WE took the heat. We are people of integrity here. Something to be proud of.  ;D  :-*

And if you don't watch out, I'm going to catch you in number of posts.

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 08:28:57 PM »
OK You have a Point MOD !
I just don't want us all to be branded as Haters ! We The Seven where Kicked to the ditch BUT WE ROSE ABOVE  ALL that !
Due to the Friend ship we built between us and the Love of the AATV  !!
You Know me and I will stand up for everyone who is disputed for being who thy are !
I just Don't want people coming into this site think we are a bunch of Haters !
We are Better than that.
I may not know how to post the rite response so if I didn't make my point Please PM me as you are my #1 back Up !!

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 07:33:01 PM »
Allwheeldrive Makes a Valid point !

Not really IMO, Wedge. MSAFI65 posted a valid curiosity question. Please don't( any of us) assume why it was posted just because some members were surprised by how much the OX weighs & went with it. Let's not be afraid to keep our sense of humor or be afraid to say what we feel about any machine or we'll be right back where we were... Afraid to be honest. As I recall, no one ever came to the rescue or complained about R.I. or Argo related stuff being brought up. This is not a manufacturer sponsored site. It is an AATV MEMBERS site.

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 06:50:21 PM »
There several areas in Alaska with weight restrictions. Most are curb (empty) weight of 1500 pounds. This is when there isn't enough snow cover or frozen ground. There are some areas that are rated with GVW. So that's weight of vehicle and maximum load. The Max II was the only max that would make the 1500 pound restriction. The agencies that enforce the restrictions use the advertised weight of the vehicles. When you have to ship on a barge or aircraft the vehicle goes on a scale before loading.
HDI Argo on tires with brush guard and winch are close to 1300 pounds with very little fuel. Buffalo truck on tires with winch and roll bar is just under1200 pounds. My old Attex with a Briggs , winch, roll bar and racks surprised me when it came in at 905.

Thanks, Msafi65. I know anything under 2500 lbs in our state has to have OHV tags if you ride off road, but they don't restrict anything by weight. Guess they aren't too worried about rocks getting torn up. We do have width restrictions on "some" trails, but those are very rare. This was strictly a curiosity question just like the one I had YEARS ago about whether muskeg actually smelled as bad as it looked. To which I got a yes response . On private property, do whatever the heck you want, but when riding on off road land, guess you better abide by the rules. Whatever they might be.

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 04:00:40 PM »

I have a different kind of question regarding weight of any kind of AATV vehicle used. My understanding was that there are/ were restrictions on weight when used in some designated places. Maybe it's just certain times of the year? Have those restrictions been removed? Just curious. Maybe someone from Alaska or Canada for example can explain how that works or if there are no restrictions of any kind.  :)
[/quote]

In most states including mine ATV registration, a machine can only weight so much. 1500 in VT While I doubt they check, it may be important if liabilities ever came up.

Also seriously guys, did you make a new form just so you could make fun of Oxs? There is nothing constructive about such comments, when I see stuff like that all I can think of is Ford vs GM banter and how idiotic it sounds. I have YET to find an AATV that doesn't break down and need maintenance. If there was a gripe with Mud Ox at least be realistic, the problem is GETTING new parts and the sub-par customer service, or lack of any whatsoever as well as their management and business practices. I realize as AATVers we are a DIY crowd and just like old trucks vs new trucks the old trucks aren't actually built better, they actually aren't more reliable it's just the fact we can cheaply and easily find parts and repair them that makes them "seem" more durable, something not possible with Oxes. So if your going to side track a tread, at least be constructive about it.   
[/quote]
Allwheeldrive Makes a Valid point ! I Don't want to see this Great site fall to the likes of those who pushed us here !
I am So happy to see this site grow to what it is and Keep growing ! I am PROUD to be part of it and have Great Friends here !

Offline Allwheeldrive

• 6x6'er
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 12:24:50 PM »
I have a different kind of question regarding weight of any kind of AATV vehicle used. My understanding was that there are/ were restrictions on weight when used in some designated places. Maybe it's just certain times of the year? Have those restrictions been removed? Just curious. Maybe someone from Alaska or Canada for example can explain how that works or if there are no restrictions of any kind.  :)

In most states including mine ATV registration, a machine can only weight so much. 1500 in VT While I doubt they check, it may be important if liabilities ever came up.

Also seriously guys, did you make a new form just so you could make fun of Oxs? There is nothing constructive about such comments, when I see stuff like that all I can think of is Ford vs GM banter and how idiotic it sounds. I have YET to find an AATV that doesn't break down and need maintenance. If there was a gripe with Mud Ox at least be realistic, the problem is GETTING new parts and the sub-par customer service, or lack of any whatsoever as well as their management and business practices. I realize as AATVers we are a DIY crowd and just like old trucks vs new trucks the old trucks aren't actually built better, they actually aren't more reliable it's just the fact we can cheaply and easily find parts and repair them that makes them "seem" more durable, something not possible with Oxes. So if your going to side track a tread, at least be constructive about it.     
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:26:39 PM by Allwheeldrive »

Offline Msafi65

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 11:30:22 AM »
There several areas in Alaska with weight restrictions. Most are curb (empty) weight of 1500 pounds. This is when there isn't enough snow cover or frozen ground. There are some areas that are rated with GVW. So that's weight of vehicle and maximum load. The Max II was the only max that would make the 1500 pound restriction. The agencies that enforce the restrictions use the advertised weight of the vehicles. When you have to ship on a barge or aircraft the vehicle goes on a scale before loading.
HDI Argo on tires with brush guard and winch are close to 1300 pounds with very little fuel. Buffalo truck on tires with winch and roll bar is just under1200 pounds. My old Attex with a Briggs , winch, roll bar and racks surprised me when it came in at 905.

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 07:37:38 PM »

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 04:39:04 PM »
 fls popcorn

Offline whipperag

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Sr. 6x6'er