Author Topic: Attex Combat Vehicle Simulator (Sometimes known as a tank trainer)  (Read 728 times)

Offline Argo8x8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
Re: Attex Combat Vehicle Simulator (Sometimes known as a tank trainer)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2024, 02:58:11 PM »
Any news on the ATTEX tank trainer?  Sounds like.  nest project

Jeff Bar

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
Re: Attex Combat Vehicle Simulator (Sometimes known as a tank trainer)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 09:44:44 AM »
Great to see another AATV resurrected from all the neglect and even better getting the next generation interested in the hobby.  It's awesome that you have a platform that allows you to do these type of projects especially with students.

Offline dexter2011

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
    • West Branch CBI
Attex Combat Vehicle Simulator (Sometimes known as a tank trainer)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 08:16:12 AM »
As some of you already know, I teach for a technical school and I try to incorporate hands-on projects with my students as much as I can.   A couple of years ago I acquired a Combat Vehicle Simulator from Mudoxx.   It sat in my garage for a couple of years waiting its turn in the project rotation.  This year I decided to create an after-school project and the CVS is the candidate.  The students started the project in December of 2023.  They meet after school on Wednesdays from 2:00-4:00.  The goal is to restore it and present it at our annual Veterans Day celebration.  Because they only get to work on it for two hours a week, it has been slow going but the group who signed up for the project is highly motivated and making great progress.  I take pictures every week and there are too many to post here but you can see them on my web page.

http://www.mrdaviscbi.com/combat-vehicle-simulator-after-school-project.html