How To: Repair of your 6x6 Photos, Vidoes and Guides, please no questions > Axle & bearing removal, replacement

Grease fitting

(1/1)

wedge:
That would be the Best deal for that machine !! I like that set up myself as I used it on Jocky trucks. Glad to hear the clutch deal worked out  banana

Delduck:
The next time I tear this thing apart I’m going to make everything go to a manifold like my mini excavator has then your greasing everything from one spot.   Wedge the new clutch was definitely the fix    What a difference

wedge:
 iagree That's what I use at the shop also.

Msafi65:
I found  a 90 degree coupler that slides on from the side and use it a lot on both max and Argo. The zerks  on most max are press in. If you pull them you have to drill and tap the flange 1/4x28 to install new zerks . I just searched 90 degree grease gun fitting. It’s called a slide on fitting. Can’t get a pic to post.

Delduck:
Max 4 what’s the trick with the grease fitting on the drive shaft bearings next to the sprocket that leave you no room to get the coupler on. Then I figure I’ll take it out one put a new 90 degree coupler on and this thing doesn’t have the 5/16 head on it to remove it. It’s like it was built in with the bearing.  What a pita.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version