Author Topic: Kohler magnum vs Briggs ic  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Dw89xj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full 6x6'er
Re: Kohler magnum vs Briggs ic
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 10:14:03 AM »
I was going to go with opposed because price wise they're almost giving them away compared to v twin but if I could get into a couple vanguard's for a decent price I'd go that route. I'd like to stay at least 18hp on the Bigfoot I guess anything 14 or bigger would suit hers fine.
Dan

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
Re: Kohler magnum vs Briggs ic
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 09:29:39 AM »
Opposed or V-Twin ? The Opposed take up alot of room and have a Over heating problem on the back cylinder . Also like to Drop the Valve seats out !
V-Twin is the way to go. Also the Kohler is a Bigger engine as far as Size . I have both here at the shop and plan on using the Kohler in my StarCraft . But I like then both. I also run the HF 670 in my max and Really like the power it puts out !!
Oh And PM me as I may be interested in that two stroke you have .
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline Dw89xj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full 6x6'er
Kohler magnum vs Briggs ic
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 08:53:39 AM »
Which is preferred? I have a line on a couple Kohler and Briggs opposed twins I could swap in my wife's hustler 960, just not sure which to go with, my Bigfoot has the Briggs ic I'm considering going with a Kohler on hers just to see how much if there's any difference performance wise. Hers is geared different and has smaller tires but that may help even things out. Shes getting a red spring on the driven also since it's originally a 2 stroke Kohler twin k440-2am. I had plans of stuffing 25s or whatever fits and regearing but she just wants to go with the 22inch tsl and just make hers the mini of the Bigfoot. Bigfoot has 26 inch tsl. She calls them big Dipper and little Dipper, shes into astrology and horoscopes and stuff and I guess that's our constellations idk lol, way off course, which opposed twin would you guys with more experience go with?
Dan