Author Topic: New here  (Read 3771 times)

Offline garretttpe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
Re: New here
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 12:01:32 PM »
Make Sure all 6 tires are the same size And the AIR pressure's are set the same ! This tends to make the machine pull or drift to one side or the other . Also you can jack it up and see if one side turns freer than the other ( same drag sorta speak)
If all is good you may just need a little adjustment to the trans ? iagree
Have this issue n my MAX, as long as my tire pressures are set to keep tire sizes equal left to right i am good to go and it tracks straight, easy to figure out and keep each tire within 1/2 PSI

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 11:13:31 AM »
Make Sure all 6 tires are the same size And the AIR pressure's are set the same ! This tends to make the machine pull or drift to one side or the other . Also you can jack it up and see if one side turns freer than the other ( same drag sorta speak)
If all is good you may just need a little adjustment to the trans ?
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 10:32:35 AM »
I have the duromax on my Max ii with a cam and other parts it seems to have plenty of power. I think generator warehouse has a deal right now if you use code rbg for like 300 bucks. I forget the code but if you watch any of red beards garage on YouTube one of his most recent videos says the code is good til the end of February. I picked mine up for 269.99 on eBay from maxtools 2+ years ago. Sorry for the jumping around just kind of relaying what I remember as it comes to me.
Dan

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2020, 08:42:04 PM »
Read this thread. It has a lot of possible causes.  Let us know what you come up with.   popcorn

http://6x6talk.com/index.php?topic=193.0

Offline turtleman

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2020, 07:54:09 PM »
Hey again all.   Replaced some chains, reworked chain tensioners and so far all good.   But I usually have to hold back on right stick or veers to the left.  Any recommendations what to look for?   T20 trouble? Tires? Chains?
Thx
The turtle

Offline turtleman

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2019, 09:10:48 PM »
I appreciate the responses. Correct, the chain could have been weak but makes me think how many other chains might be suspect.  In looking at the alignment of the 2 sprockets they do do line up very well.  Possible cause of chain failure or is this a bigger problem?   None of the shafts or sprockets seem to have moved or appear to be loose.  Thx

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2019, 06:07:24 AM »
It could have been several things.  Your hypothesis is a possibility.  As wedge said a weak/worn chain.  Also check that your jackshaft securing/tightening bolts are tight and have good lock washers on them.  If those are loose or slipped that would cause the chain to slack and possibly break or you could break some teeth off of the sprocket.  The chain tensioner is only to adjust the tightness of the chain, not to secure and hold it in place.   twoCents

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2019, 10:03:23 PM »
The chain May have been Weak . As you said it sat and you really don't know the history on it.

Offline turtleman

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 08:39:51 PM »
Do you think my hypothesis of how the chain broke is accurate?
Any other ideas what may be the cause?

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2019, 08:48:21 PM »
I would give this sites owner a call or go to his site, ROUTE 6X6.COM I think their is a link on this site .
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline turtleman

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 06:48:53 PM »
OK, ran for a test drive the other day---inaugural run so to speak.   ran well, a blast to drive, but broke a main drive chain on left side after a few minutes. the vertical chain. every time I pulled back on the left stick I heard a clunk. I think the chain adjusters on the long chains came loose and bound causing the other chain to break.  I know I checked that all the chains were tight prior. is there anywhere to get new chain adjusters at a reasonable price?

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2019, 09:23:21 AM »
Not to bad ! I have found worse out there . Looks like a good cleaning and lube will get you at least moving . And it has not been all tore up .

Offline turtleman

• New 6x6'er
turtleman more pics
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2019, 07:59:24 PM »
couple more pics of my barn find.

Offline turtleman

• New 6x6'er
turtleman pics
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2019, 07:53:07 PM »
I hope these pictures come thru. pain in the butt to post.
as you can see the level of the water by the rust stain.
but new motor going in this week, new throttle cable, belt, misc springs and bolts. Tore apart both drive and driven clutches and rebuilt.
The thing I am not sure of is how to connect original key start to the new motor or the choke cable to the motor. I purchased a duramax engine and made a cable connector for it.

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 10:04:57 AM »
Welcome from PA  tp
Post up some pics so we can see your project . Also We are here to help in any way we can !!