Author Topic: ATTEX Compair to Max 2  (Read 9714 times)

Offline AndyL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
    • Andrew Lapp - Concert Pianist
Re: ATTEX Compair to Max 2
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 08:30:29 PM »
NOT SO FAST. the book itself is copyrighted not the pics. from my understanding of that part of the law you can copy the pic but not the book. he did not take the pic the pic was researched and found and thus copied.

Just out of curiosity... what about all of the old brochures/ flyers of old AATV companies, and even newer Argo/Max brochures that were posted at 6x6World and Route6x6? Not sure if any of that material was copyright or not, but it's posted online.

Oh well, maybe a book will come along some day. I'm sure a lot of the information I have read before by going through Route 6x6 etc. but it would be cool to have if one ever comes up for sale.

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2017, 07:34:30 PM »
I have looked at the pic's but not in person yet.
There is 2 of them . One has the back section cut and hinged the other is apart.
What one you looking at >
The hinged one with extra tires
Dan

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2017, 07:26:58 PM »
NOT SO FAST. the book itself is copyrighted not the pics. from my understanding of that part of the law you can copy the pic but not the book. he did not take the pic the pic was researched and found and thus copied.
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline AndyL

• 6x6'er
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2017, 07:14:42 PM »
ITS GONA BE A LOOOOOOOONG TIME
(a) In General.—Copyright in a work created on or after January 1, 1978, subsists from its creation and, except as provided by the following subsections, endures for a term consisting of the life of the author and 70 years after the author’s death.

So in other words we will all be DEAD before we can see the book unless one pops up on flea bay ;)

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2017, 07:03:25 PM »
WOW ! WFO you never seas to amaze me !! ;)
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline WFO

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 07:01:18 PM »
ITS GONA BE A LOOOOOOOONG TIME
(a) In General.—Copyright in a work created on or after January 1, 1978, subsists from its creation and, except as provided by the following subsections, endures for a term consisting of the life of the author and 70 years after the author’s death.

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2017, 07:00:16 PM »
Whoever inherited the rights to the copyright is probably whoever was designated by the author as inheriting the rights. That's what wills & trusts are for. Right?

Offline WFO

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 06:55:41 PM »
(e) Presumption as to Author’s Death.—After a period of 95 years from the year of first publication of a work, or a period of 120 years from the year of its creation, whichever expires first, any person who obtains from the Copyright Office a certified report that the records provided by subsection (d) disclose nothing to indicate that the author of the work is living, or died less than 70 years before, is entitled to the benefit of a presumption that the author has been dead for at least 70 years. Reliance in good faith upon this presumption shall be a complete defense to any action for infringement under this title.

Offline AndyL

• 6x6'er
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 06:36:33 PM »
I wasn't sure how that worked since be passed away - but I agree there's no reason to go about it illegally. I wonder if Jay inherited the copyright... I would gladly buy a book if anyone has one for sale or if it is published again. I have yet to see one for sale online anywhere.

Being a musician, you must understand copyrights, I would imagine. A little different from patents, but my understanding is that in the US, a copyright is good for 28 years with the privilege of a one time renewal. Perhaps some day it will be reprinted & made available. Right now, it seems the best & the right thing to do is just wait & see.

I guess the confusing thing is how long is a copyright good for after the copyright holder's death? And who inherited rights to the material - if anyone? Regarding a lot of classical music that I play, it is public domain, which I believe happens after 50 years of the copyright or copyright holder's death... Does anyone have access to Jay?

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 06:23:09 PM »
Who Published the book ? Maybe we could see if thy know of more copies out there ?
To Bad Jay is hard to get a hold of !!

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 06:19:49 PM »
I wasn't sure how that worked since be passed away - but I agree there's no reason to go about it illegally. I wonder if Jay inherited the copyright... I would gladly buy a book if anyone has one for sale or if it is published again. I have yet to see one for sale online anywhere.

Being a musician, you must understand copyrights, I would imagine. A little different from patents, but my understanding is that in the US, a copyright is good for 28 years with the privilege of a one time renewal. Perhaps some day it will be reprinted & made available. Right now, it seems the best & the right thing to do is just wait & see.

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 04:40:25 PM »
I have looked at the pic's but not in person yet.
There is 2 of them . One has the back section cut and hinged the other is apart.
What one you looking at >

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 03:48:42 PM »
That Black Max is a POS !! He doesn't know  ANYTHING about a 6x6 just gets them Cheap and try's to sell over priced !
Trust me I talked to him already and he is like a Used Car Salesmen !!!
Has NO IDEA !!!!!!!
  Thanks for the heads up have you checked out the red one with the cut upper?
Dan

Offline AndyL

• 6x6'er
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 09:58:24 AM »
I'd really like to see the book. I remember reading about it coming out quite a few years ago, but it is impossible to find any copies. Is it possible that someone on here may be able to create a PDF of the book to post on the forum?

I think I posted in the Mystery Machine thread, also, that the book was copyrighted in 2010 Sid Wallach.

It specifically states....

No part of this book may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means without the permission of the author.

For more copies of this book, please contact
Recreatives Industries, Inc. at 1-800-255-2511

Since Mr Wallach passed away and no one can assume how it was intended to be used or sold after his passing, it wouldn't be a very wise idea to go against his instructions. I wouldn't suggest a PDF of anything from it unless permission was given from someone official. Who knows, maybe someday it will go to the printers again.  It's his work & legacy. That needs to be respected. :)

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 09:14:15 AM »
I'd really like to see the book. I remember reading about it coming out quite a few years ago, but it is impossible to find any copies. Is it possible that someone on here may be able to create a PDF of the book to post on the forum?

I think I posted in the Mystery Machine thread, also, that the book was copyrighted in 2010 Sid Wallach.

It specifically states....

No part of this book may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means without the permission of the author.

For more copies of this book, please contact
Recreatives Industries, Inc. at 1-800-255-2511

Since Mr Wallach passed away and no one can assume how it was intended to be used or sold after his passing, it wouldn't be a very wise idea to go against his instructions. I wouldn't suggest a PDF of anything from it unless permission was given from someone official. Who knows, maybe someday it will go to the printers again.  It's his work & legacy. That needs to be respected. :)

iagree  You don't want to mess around with copyright laws.  It could get you in a bit of trouble.