Author Topic: SNAP, CRACK, RIGHT SIDE will not move.  (Read 1682 times)

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
Re: SNAP, CRACK, RIGHT SIDE will not move.
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 08:14:40 PM »
# 50 and 530 are the same. # 520 is the same but narrower
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline superfox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full 6x6'er
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 01:14:42 PM »
I run #50 chain so is that 520 or 530?

Offline Msafi65

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 12:12:28 AM »
When I need the strongest o-ring chain I use Tsubaki sigma. I use it for the drop chains on buffalo trucks. Haven’t broken one ever. Not cheap but hell for strong.

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 06:45:41 PM »
 iagree, about 9600 strength, below is where I got my chain for my 2000 Max, I have 44 hard hrs on the machine since the chain install and no stretch at all so far.. Just found one of the boxes and they are Diamond chain
Chains, MFG Supply   
Nomenclature   
5200-ring-102-w1-520 O-ring chain 102 pins   $159.12
520O-CL-W1 - 520 O-Ring Motorcycle Chain Connecting Link   5   $19.95
530O-RING - 530 O-Ring ATV Chain. 182 pin   182 pin $89.18
530O-CL-W1 - 530 O-RIng Motorcycle Chain Connecting Lin $19.95
Total   $288.20
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:28:25 AM by garretttpe »

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 09:39:47 PM »
Tsubaki chain anything over 9600 psi rating.
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline Wheeler

• New 6x6'er
  • I'm not stuck, I'm just temporarily stopped.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 09:29:25 PM »
So. I see posted this twice. But I've got an update. The primary chain broke and folded over lodging inbetween the chain and sprocket. It was really wedged tight. I came up with an idea where I took a heavy duty wire, put one bent end around the loose end of the chain then attached the other end around a winch strap which was attached to the top roll bar. I winched the strap as tight as I could. I then jacked up the whole machine. The wheels could turn, therefore the spindles could turn. Walaw, it came loose. Now I am going to get new chain. Any recommendations for brands?

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 11:38:46 AM »
Do you have any room to use a pry bar under the axel to flex the tub to releive pressure and in turn free the chain?  You may want some help in doing so if it is possible.

Offline Wheeler

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 11:03:33 AM »
Well I found it! It's a broken chain. The chain is the small one that is under the engine platform. I believe it is the one that goes directly to the transmission. It broke and folded over and is wedged between the sprockets and axle. It is wedged so hard that I can't pull the chain either direction. My machine is about 150 yards from the garage and is locked up tight. Can't get a tool into and next to the chain to cut it out, can't get even a pliers in there to pull it out. I'm hoping I don't have to cut the axle?

Offline Argo8x8

• 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 01:28:50 PM »
Contact Richard Clark. 6x6parts.com the owner and provider of the site that you are using.  he can do any trans repair or provide parts.  In case you indeed have a trans problem. Jeff Bar

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 01:19:20 PM »
The best thing to do is to start with the easy stuff and work your way to the hard.  Check the axels, chains, sprockets, bearings, chain tensioners, etc looking for anything that can cause the issue.  Check for anything broken, jammed, twisted, kinked, not lined up, etc.  Jack it up and try to spin the wheels.  If they are still jammed remove the wheel and drive chains and try to spin the wheels.  Repeat as necessary.  If you find a jammed wheel check the axel and bearings.  If all wheels spin freely then move to the transmission.  If you remove the drive chain from the transmission to the rear wheels first, you can try spinning the wheels to eliminate or confirm a transmission issue.  If the wheel spin freely then the transmission is the next item to check.  If they are still stuck then you just eliminated the transmission as the problem.  Hope this make sense.  Good luck and keep use posted on the problem.

Offline Wheeler

• New 6x6'er
SNAP, CRACK, RIGHT SIDE will not move.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 11:38:09 AM »
2001 Max IV
Hi, I have a fun project!!! Arrghhh!
I just got done pulling a medium load, unhooked then started pulling away when I heard a loud CRACK. Went to turn and the right side was frozen. No movement at all. Left side was fine. But now have to pull the chains on the right side. See if I can move the wheels. I've either got a transmission that is locked up, broken or just plain tired out like me. I checked out the sprockets, couldn't see anything broke. Looked for something that may have fell in chain - Nope nothing. So I'm actually hoping it is an bearing or an axle. I'm praying that it's not the transmission. I have nobody around this part of the country that does any type of repairs on the Maxs. I have done all the maintenance by myself. I live in Central Minnesota. Anybody on here that fixes these things? Any ideas of what it might be?
Thanks
Wheeler