Author Topic: What carburetor do I have?  (Read 1584 times)

Offline chrisgt500

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
Re: What carburetor do I have?
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 09:53:01 PM »
Thanks, it was so grimy I didn't see that! HR21A. Should run a lot better with a rebuild kit, all the diaphragms are old and crusty and I'm not sure if the check ball is always free. Anyway, I'm not running it until I do the rebuild since I don't wanna have it go lean on me.

Offline rider

• 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 07:09:24 AM »
If you have not already, clean the crap off the flange where the screw driver is and the numbers should be stamped on type. Both model letters and numbers.

Offline chrisgt500

• 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 11:52:24 PM »
I guess to add to my confusion, I looked at the tillotson website and downloaded their PDF for crossreferencing parts... it appears that most of the lower number (at least up to the high 40's) HR series carbs use the same parts, so could this be why I'm seeing mixed results?
Where in the world is the part number actually listed on my carrb?

Offline chrisgt500

• 6x6'er
What carburetor do I have?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 09:47:26 PM »
I have a Rockwell JLO 297cc on my 1960's attex and the diaphragms in the carb are sad, I can get it to run, but it doesn't run great.
My issue is I can't find a part number anywhere on the carburetor, just that it's a Tillotson.
Here are some pics of the carb, hopefully someone who knows more about these can help identify what rebuild kit I need to buy.
Thanks!

If there's anything else I could take a pic of to help identify the specific model, please let me know. Through searching around I found that it might be a model HR31a, but I'm not sure and would like a second opinion from one of the experts on here :)