Author Topic: Aluminum lower tub?  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Dw89xj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full 6x6'er
Re: Aluminum lower tub?
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 11:26:23 AM »
It will just be single seat when I change it. I tried to make it so my wife could ride along if she wanted or my nieces and nephews.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 11:28:17 AM by Dw89xj »
Dan

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 11:22:40 AM »
I think that would work pretty well. Currently I'm going to try to just mount my old broke down wheelchair seat to it. It has flip down arm rests and recline and a seat belt, then I just need to make up mounting brackets. I'm going to to need to move the fuel tank and redo the roll cage. My head hits the stock main hoop.
Dan

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 11:08:57 AM »
Would you be able to install a seat belt that would hold you in your desired driving position?
iagree. maybe a different seat where you sit down into it and then a regular seat belt and then a center belt. like a 5 point harness but without the upper straps
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 08:05:28 PM »
I will be, I need to rework the seat first. I was just considering a custom tub similar to a swamp fox in appearance and starting from scratch on the body. I will come up with some thing. I'm turning a small issue into a bigger project than it needs to be.
Dan

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 08:00:53 PM »
Would you be able to install a seat belt that would hold you in your desired driving position?

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 07:11:52 PM »
I have but they are much more expensive and I would still need a trailer. I'm at about 2500 invested in the max so far and all the major stuff is new or rebuilt/refurbished. I don't know how often I will be in water but knowing I can if I need to is a turn on for me as well. My cheapest option is to probably just reconfigure the seat again and go from there. For now my wife really likes tooling around in it. I just can't hold myself in the seat in its current configuration. The canvas I used for a cover is more slippy than I thought it would be, and I don't have the angles quite right, Everytime I try to steer or stop I slide down in the seat, I can't be stopping every 40 feet to reposition especially going down hill. Back to the drawing board I will figure something out. I'd like to luck into a max iv project or hustler or something a little bigger but for now I'm going to work with what I have.
Dan

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 06:02:37 PM »
Have you thought about one of the tracked wheel chairs? I have seen them and they can pretty much go anywhere you would want to go..

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 10:24:07 AM »
I really only need to modify the upper further, possibly build a fiberglass and aluminum upper. I was just kind of curious since I have the old style lower. I am not set up to weld right now so it would need done by a shop.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 10:27:01 AM by Dw89xj »
Dan

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 10:06:47 AM »
Unless you are making it yourself it is probably going to be pricey due to the amount of time it would take to fabricate it to what your needs are.  It will also be heavier than the HDPE and you will need to keep the aluminum painted/protected to keep it from corroding.   twoCents

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
Aluminum lower tub?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 08:48:02 AM »
Does anyone have any idea about how much it would cost to have an aluminum lower body made for a max ii? It wouldn't really even need to look like a max lower. I'm considering having a completely custom body built. I'm a paraplegic and am building this to work best for me. Moving the laterals rebuilding the custom seat again etc. I currently have it mimicking my wheelchair dimensions but it's not optimal and really kind of sucks.

Dan