Author Topic: SUPERCHIEF  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Sxenobladx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New 6x6'er
Re: SUPERCHIEF
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 04:15:18 AM »
It is good that we are involved in the question that came up.

Offline George

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 09:39:58 AM »
Wow thats pretty impressive George,i have been hesitant to run mine full out for any stretch its overall condition is very good the engine is sound with good compression and I have rejetted the carb to more match today's fuels and it gives proper piston wash and plug readings its just my having ran Argo models all my life I tend to be to harsh with the controls and find myself backing a stick off too far when the machine drifts and this gets me in a situation where i have to pull it up like a runaway horse iam so use to applying brake only on a Argo unlike the Attex you are first releasing drive and at full cry it gets hairy just got to practice more.It certainly seems to have plenty of speed thats for sure and is a ton of fun compared to my utilitarian Avenger glad to have it it completes my AATV experience.NCT
Yup, once you get over 30 mph in an Attex, your hands get pretty busy just keeping it straight.

Offline North Country Tough

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 08:35:35 AM »
Wow thats pretty impressive George,i have been hesitant to run mine full out for any stretch its overall condition is very good the engine is sound with good compression and I have rejetted the carb to more match today's fuels and it gives proper piston wash and plug readings its just my having ran Argo models all my life I tend to be to harsh with the controls and find myself backing a stick off too far when the machine drifts and this gets me in a situation where i have to pull it up like a runaway horse iam so use to applying brake only on a Argo unlike the Attex you are first releasing drive and at full cry it gets hairy just got to practice more.It certainly seems to have plenty of speed thats for sure and is a ton of fun compared to my utilitarian Avenger glad to have it it completes my AATV experience.NCT

Offline George

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 06:53:51 PM »
brochure says 40 mph on land. Im sayin it may have been a hair higher than that

I reached 47 mph before running out of strait-away at Ashtabula. That was also with the added weight of a springer kit.

I would think they're good for 50-55 mph and so do many of the guys I consider "Attex Experts."

Offline Phelpsy69er

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 02:34:11 PM »
brochure says 40 mph on land. Im sayin it may have been a hair higher than that
phelpsy69er

Offline North Country Tough

• New 6x6'er
SUPERCHIEF
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 11:36:17 AM »
What was the top end speed of a stock 500 SC with stock height tires?