Author Topic: Clutch at trans  (Read 2553 times)

Offline Delduck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
Re: Clutch at trans
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2018, 10:48:48 PM »
I thank you for that info. It looks like it would just be easier to pull it. I hope the shaft is fine because it’s been out and worked on twice in 100 hrs.

Offline Msafi65

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 08:58:00 AM »
Transmission in max 4. Has to be out of the frame for sure. Remove the clutch and measure the input shaft for wear. The shop that repaired yours may not have known how critical the shaft fit is. If the shaft is. If the shaft measures smaller than.872” it’s bad. I’ve had so many clutches come loose on the max4 that I started setting them with locktite a few years ago. I know it makes them hard to ever remove but I’m sick of them coming loose. The two spacer washers that give the needed clearance on the chains really make the input to clutch mating surface a lot smaller. Use red locktite on clutch mount bolt at 40 ftlb torque. There should be less than .040” in and out on t20 input shaft and none you can feel up n down.

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 07:46:44 AM »
May be a little Tight ? But you could unbolt it and step it over to the right ?
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 10:17:43 PM »
Can I remove the clutch without removing the trans?

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 09:28:56 PM »
Wfo, you know me well but the trans shop just rebuilt me at the end of last season when we did whippers t20 trans super duper fixer upper never break again thing. They told me that the shaft and bearings or whatever is sticking out the side where good. By the way tell whipper we said hello when you talk to him. And thanks again for your help

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 09:24:08 PM »
Wedge it’s great to here from you again, yes I’ll buy the one you have. Call me or pm,I’m or whatever that’s called, send me a message. I’ll text you my address and get you paid.  Send me whatever you think I’ll need.

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 09:21:26 PM »
if its moving up and down and side to side it probably a T-20 issue, you are brutal on that trans.
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 09:16:30 PM »
Just get a new clutch first. If I remember rite it was bad the last time I saw pics of it. It looked Worn out and the ramps are chewed up pretty good. I have a good used one if you decide to go cheap  twoCents
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
Clutch at trans
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 08:37:28 PM »
Hello everyone it’s back to that time of year for me to be driving over phragmitis. So here we goooooooo, the clutch at the t20 trans with the red spring seems to be wobbly. When I grab it it moves appropriately 1/8 inch up,down, side to side, ect.  Do I buy the new clutch and all the parts to the trans or just the clutch. It’s a 2000 max 4 and no I don’t know if the other stuff is broke because I don’t know what it looked like new. So I’m looking for advice before I call Richard with a order. :P :P twoCents