Author Topic: New to the site  (Read 2691 times)

Offline 55fishes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New 6x6'er
Re: New to the site
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 08:22:52 AM »
Well, just picked up another Amphicat last night!  This one is complete with original Sachs engine, runs with electric start and ready to ride!  Will post some pics when I get a chance.  Looking forward to doing some driving in the woods!
Amphicat original engine
Amphicat no engine

Offline 55fishes

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 08:23:00 AM »
Added some pics to my images of the Amphicat, looks like it was made in Mississippi.
Amphicat original engine
Amphicat no engine

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 05:25:41 PM »
Not really just depends on what wheels you want to run ? Most run the 5 on 4.1/2 Pattern . I have those adapters in stock But when I did the A,cat I went with 4 on 4 .
You can PM me anytime as I will help you out !!  banana
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline 55fishes

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 08:49:01 AM »
some speed would be nice as long as it has enough low end power so probably go with the larger one.  I also still need to convert 2 of the original tires to regular hubbed rims.  Is there any difference from the 4 or 5 bolt hubs?  I would think there are more rims available in a 4 bolt?  Lots more questions I am sure as I get in deep to the project. :))
Amphicat original engine
Amphicat no engine

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 05:48:40 PM »
I run the same clutch that a Max 2 dose. It is a comet with a 1" bore. I have a good used one on hand But you can also get them on the net or e,bay
I will  get you the # this weekend.
I run the stock secondary on the tranny. I also have the belt #.
You can go with a Smaller clutch if you don't want the speed ? I have one of those also.

Offline 55fishes

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 08:09:27 AM »
Ok great, I will take a look at it this weekend.  When installing the predator engine versus the stock 2 stroke, what is the clutching?  I have the stock secondary but I do not have the primary from the engine.  Just trying to understand the scope of the project and options.  Thanks.
Amphicat original engine
Amphicat no engine

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 03:50:13 PM »
The Serial plate is on top of the left rear frame rail by the engine. That is the Only plate on the whole machine.

Offline 55fishes

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 02:06:48 PM »
Looks awesome!  So where would I find like a number or model on the unit itself?  I will be going up this weekend to our cabin so I will get some pics of the tranny set up.  It has some cracks in the bottom shell near the back but all the pieces are still intact, what is the best way to fix them and seal them?  Thanks!
Amphicat original engine
Amphicat no engine

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 05:33:37 PM »
That is a Later Amphicat like the BeeHoo made ones .Best to just sell it to me  rofl hilarious Just playing My Bad.
I have a few of them and just Love the machine ! Look at my build in my thread on here. A V twin is Very hard to fit in there due to the tranny being so far back. But a Predator 13 HP works Very nice . Has More than enough to move it rite along. I would need more pic's of the tranny and inside as these machine came with 3 different tranny setups. I will help you with this if you like . Here is a Pic of mine after ALOT of work . But as I said I LOVE IT !!!

Offline Argo8x8

• 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 04:52:03 PM »
Welcome to the site, there are a few guys here with Amphicats,  hopefully they will see this message, in the mean time, ask questions and we will try to help.

Jeff Bar

Offline 55fishes

• New 6x6'er
New to the site
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 08:38:27 AM »
Hey guys, I just picked up an old Amphicat!  Needs and engine and much more but I have always wanted one and the price was right.  I am in Eastern ND so to start was wondering best options for an engine that is fairly simple and reliable?  Thanks for any help in advance!
Amphicat original engine
Amphicat no engine