Author Topic: MaxII Transportation  (Read 1913 times)

Offline JonathanF101185

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full 6x6'er
  • Jonathan's South Texas 6x6
Re: MaxII Transportation
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 11:29:42 PM »
I wonder if I’m the only one in Texas that has two Max II’s  popcorn  O0

Offline JonathanF101185

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 10:38:39 PM »
Well it came safe and sound just like y'all said! More pics to come this weekend when I get to take her out! popcorn  dance

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 05:05:13 PM »
I move 6x6's all the time in my 88 Dakota and just let the tires sit on the wheel wells. You can air the center's down and that will help keep it in place. The air will move over your roof and pass most of it over your Max body. I Never had one blow apart. If you want to Vent it Pop the head lights out !  ;)
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline Msafi65

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 12:01:39 PM »
The winch will take out a back window for sure. May have to knock the studs out of center axle flanges. Easy to reinstall with nuts and washers.  I always put some type of blocking in front of tires to the bed. To keep body etc away from the cab. If it has a windshield lay it down and secure it. Everything else should be ok if it’s attached.

Offline Phelpsy69er

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 05:51:44 AM »
If bodies are bolted together you’ll be just fine. I’d still strap it so it can’t move around in case of an OH S—T moment. Good luck👍🏻
phelpsy69er

Offline JonathanF101185

• Full 6x6'er
MaxII Transportation
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 11:33:40 PM »
As you guys may know, I am picking up my new Max next week. I wanted to ask about transportation in the bed of a pick up. The middle wheels have been removed to fit over the wheel wells. My question comes with placement in the bed of the pick up. It has a winch so I’m assuming it needs to be backed in? My only concern with that leads to my next question. Is there a concern for the wind going under the upper body and lifting or ripping any part of it if the six wheeler is backwards?  It is a long trip on the highway. So high speeds of 80-75mph May tear it up. I’m not sure if I should be concerned about that or if others have experienced anything like that.  popcorn popcorn