6x6 Technical Questions > Clutch

94c duster clutch weights

(1/2) > >>

Dw89xj:
So after much searching and calling around I was able to get the number to CPC,. the company who makes comet clutches now. Their number is 608-884-0770 if anyone needs support or parts for their comet clutch. Then I discovered beltpallace.com they have allot of comet stuff as well and I saved a couple dollars on shipping. By ordering through them. Debbie at CPC was more than helpful though with questions about which weights to use since the ones I wanted have been discontinued. The ones I'm getting are slightly less weight but still engage at 1800 with a pink spring.

Dw89xj:
94c chart

Dw89xj:
Can anyone steer me to where I can find part number 206513A pucks for a comet 94c. 6 should do but I'd like to get 9. According o the chart online 9 will put me at 1600rpm and six will put me 1800rpm. I have the pink spring. This will give me a little room to play with drill pucks to lighten them if it's too early etc. Thanks for any help. My rookie mistake is costing me.

Dw89xj:
I really don't need to be turning that fast, 5500 is where the torque is supposed to drop off then I'm just making noise. 4000 wouldn't be bad I guess since this cam claims to have a range of 1800-5500 rpm. I guess I could get a tach and reinstall the governor that would keep me in the "safe" range. It should still make plenty of torque and I won't be on that many long straight stretchesthat the extra speed the rpms w9uld get me will make much difference.

Dw89xj:

--- Quote from: Argo8x8 on July 30, 2018, 03:25:11 PM ---Hate to be "bearer of bad news" but that is way too many RPM's for a 4 cycle Duster, they are rated for 4000 RPM max.  A stock 4 cycle engine.

Jeff Bar

--- End quote ---
  That's probably at least part of the reason it spit the pucks out then. I did a couple dead revs after break in then noticed it didn't close fully. One of the pucks we're stuck and couple more were laying about my driveway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version