Author Topic: How Can We Increase Sport Participation?  (Read 3863 times)

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
Re: How Can We Increase Sport Participation?
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 09:58:44 AM »
Just my  twoCents BUT there NEEDS to be More Places to hold Rides and so on. Rite now you really only have 2 hot spots !
I remember Joe and I would put a ride on at Tower City and we had a good turn out . So if you want more to Join up and ride we need to Get out in the world more ! Not just OHIO.  kik As stated  twoCents
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline garretttpe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
Re: How Can We Increase Sport Participation?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 08:26:34 AM »
I also have read this on World, every time I give people rides (when I was in Maine) I would go over small trees and stuff a SxS or 4 wheeler could never think about and everyone says "I WANT ONE", then when I drive back on more stable ground the lack of speed and "comfort" kinda sends them back to reality that these are usually not for a day ride like a SxS but more of a niche toy. Unless you have a WHIPPER SPRINGER....... I will continue to talk to people I see and give rides to try to promote whenever I can.

Now I am in VA I will try going to Busco beach and get my brother involved for sure...

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
How Can We Increase Sport Participation?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 08:17:07 PM »
  Several members over on World have been asking for ideas about how do we get more people interested in the 6x6 community.  In particular, how do we get more interest, involvement and partcipation in trail riding and racing?  I know 6x6's seem to be a curiosity to many.  If they see one, they may look at it, wonder about it for a few minutes,  maybe watch it in action and maybe make a remark or two to their buddies and then go about what they were doing.  How do we get those looks to become "I want one of those"?  I know it is an uphill battle due to many reasons like availability and price to name two.  I suppose one way would be to stop and talk to as many of the lookers as feasible when out riding.  Maybe offer a ride and demonstrate how much fun they are.  Answer some questions and get them excited about what the capabilities are.  Talk to friends, family, coworkers etc. about the rides and races, show them video and pictures.  These are just some ideas.  What are some of your ideas?  I know the racers are wanting more involvement and more machines in the races.  I believe we need more involvement all around.  Your thoughts and ideas?