6x6 Technical Questions > Clutch

which clutch springs?

(1/3) > >>

snaps10:
Email on the way. Did everything I could think, has to be a busted governor inside or something. Got the idle down to 1100 and it purrs, but still 3100 on the throttle.

Msafi65:
Don’t have to take engine apart to bypass governor.  Send me an email at mark.2dmax@gmail.com and I’ll attach a file to print. Only have to drill one hole in the bell crank and rebend one rod.

snaps10:

--- Quote from: Msafi65 on December 19, 2018, 03:24:23 PM ---The governor shaft doesn’t rotate much. At 3100rpm it will be a dog. I like mine without the governor and can’t over rev with a belt installed. All you have to add is a return spring

--- End quote ---

So how do you increase the throttle without turning the governor shaft?

I did print out some pages yesterday about different governor types on vanguards, but haven't had a chance to look at them well.  I'm all for removing the governor, do you have to crack the case, or can you do it with the engine in?  May have to wait for a while though, I'm changing careers at the beginning of january and will be away at training for almost a year.

maybe a mod wants to move this to 4-cycle area?

Msafi65:
The governor shaft doesn’t rotate much. At 3100rpm it will be a dog. I like mine without the governor and can’t over rev with a belt installed. All you have to add is a return spring

snaps10:
Am I missing something on my governor adjustment?  I loosen the bolt, hold the throttle to full and attempt to turn the governor screw with a screwdriver, but it won’t move in either direction only has around 2 degrees and stops . Idle is right at the engine spec of 1350 now, if I hold it lower it surges so bad it won’t keep running.
I’ll order a new governor spring today.
Max rpm I’m getting now is 3100.  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version