6x6 Technical Questions > TRACKS

Argo Vanguard Track removal

(1/1)

Msafi65:
I usually end up cutting the retainer out with cutoff wheel. The Argo plastic tracks are easy to remove and reinstall with a pin out. I use stainless steel set screws for replacements.

Jerry In Maine:
I go them off...some PB Blaster on the set screws and knock out pins with a pin punch. they must have been on for a long time because they were a bugger to get off.

garretttpe:
Another idea is to remove the valve stems and pull a vacuum on the front and rear tires, that might suck them down enough to remove the tracks also..If you have a vacuum pump of course....

wedge:
OR You can Air down the tires and take ether the front or rear tires off the machine and slide the tracks off from the side.

Jerry In Maine:
I just bought a '99 Vanguard with tracks but need to take them off. From what I can tell I drive out one of the link pins with a punch until I can grab it with maybe a pair of vise grips and pull it out...correct? All links look the same so I don't think there's a master link of any sort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version