Author Topic: MAX 2 Throttle  (Read 1448 times)

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
Re: MAX 2 Throttle
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 09:34:22 AM »
I use a Cable Lubber / cleaner . It works good to flush the water and gunk out also
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline garretttpe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 08:01:13 AM »
Thanks guys for the info, will try to clean 1st, if not the prices seem pretty cheap at richards

Offline Msafi65

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 05:33:23 PM »
I clean max throttle cables with a piece of fuel hose(3/8”). Clamp on engine end and flush with pure isopropyl alcohol. Add about tablespoon of isopropyl to hose them blow through the cable with low pressure air. 20 lbs is usually enough. Clamp on the housing as the crimped end usually leaks. Cover the throttle handle with a rag or you will blow junk all over inside. I flush my cables yearly to help prevent freezing. You can force light lube through there this way also. Good luck.

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 09:38:25 AM »
Here is the link to Richard's 6x6 parts cable page:

https://6x6parts.com/max_iv_atv-1/max_ii__atv/cables/

Check it out and see if it helps answer your questions.  As far a cleaning the cable in place, that will be a lot harder to do than if it was out of the machine.  And there is no guarantee it will come as clean as you would want it to.

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
MAX 2 Throttle
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 05:40:46 AM »
Hi All
When I get home in a couple of weeks I will be needing a throttle cable sleeve for my 2000 Max II, I have a new cable I bought cheap but the sleeve interior is just gunked up and the cable does not slide easy anymore. does the cable assy from Richards come with the cable, sleeve and thumb trigger? and if so anyone know how much? or does anyne have an idea how I can clean the inside of the sleeve out without removing it from the machine??

thanks