Author Topic: Post your tires and how you like em!  (Read 24754 times)

Offline monkstr6100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
Re: Post your tires and how you like em!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 04:18:36 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I do plan to have to stretch the body and on the max II the axles are 25" center to center as well. So that's the big issue is that alot of 25" tires can be larger than 25" or even if They are just under 25" as they spin faster They can expand and will rub each other.  I would love to get some mud bugs but the new 25" ones say they measure 25.2" where the older ones for sure measured more like 24.5" which were perfect.

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 01:31:55 PM »
You said you would like to put 25" tires on your Max II.  I have seen 1 Max II with 25" tires and that was at Pine Lake this year.  He said they measured about 24.5" and he had VERY LITTLE room between the tires, Less than a 1/2".  He also said he had to expand/stretch the tub once or twice a year so they don't rub.  I don't remember if he had to use wheel extenders.  To expand/stretch the tub he said he would heat it and use 2x4's to expand/stretch it.  I don't remember the type/brand of tire he was using but he did say some 25" tires were too big and hit each other.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 01:43:06 PM by ascaw »

Offline joemeg

• Fellow Inmate
  • 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 12:33:27 PM »
 Not sure if this will cover all the bases,but here goes;
I have an Argo Conquest 6x6 (a Bigfoot with a liquid cooled engine) running the Goodyear Rawhide III's (the ones from 2000 that are no longer being produced). Not positive about the diameter but i believe the Argo axles are 25" center to center. With 2-3 psi they can not be more than 24/24.5" as they do not contact one another on the machine. They swim well but not as fast as the Goodyear Terra Tire with the 12" wheels found on many Max IV machines. They do very good in mud (for what I ask of them). They do not ride very nice at all in general.

I'm running old Goodyear Runamuks on my two Attexs. They swim well and do ok in mud but nowhere near as agressive as some other types (easier on axles in my opinion). The size of these I know. I go by circumference, not diameter. They run 69.5/70" on 7" wide wheels at anywhere from 1-5 psi depending on how worn down the thread is. They ride like little marshmallows  banana.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:57:49 AM by joemeg »

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 11:54:37 AM »
Monkstr, I have the same tires and size as you.  I also have a Max II.  I don't have experience with other sizes or brands but I find mine to be a good all around tire.

Offline monkstr6100

• 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 10:32:54 AM »
I have a Max II with goodyear rawhide III 22x11x8. They swim ok, and handle most terrains well. They do not clean out very well, but that can be a good thing. I have a setup for duals I run as well but it's just to wide like that. I want to go to some 25" tires at some point.

Offline monkstr6100

• 6x6'er
Post your tires and how you like em!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 10:29:18 AM »
I posted this a few other places with pretty low reply. Post up what tires you have, what size you have and what size they ACTUALLY measure, how you like them, how they swim, how they handle mud and other terrain, and what machine you have them on. I know there are alot of discussions about tires but I am hoping to get more info all in one spot! Thanks ahead of time.