Author Topic: Who’s close and how much  (Read 3208 times)

Offline Delduck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
Re: Who’s close and how much
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 07:51:50 PM »
The adjustment are at the end of the springs. Where it hooks to the diamond shifter. ( max ez shift kits ) from Richard. Nothing is bent, the left stick is a little more foreword than the right but it doesn’t seem to be to bad. The only way to give a pic is to remove the table. (Can’t wait to make it like yours where the motor drops down and the trans moves up.   It would be a lot easier I 🤔 think

Offline whipperag

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 07:18:48 PM »
I also don’t have any more adjustment.
Any more adjustment where?? Is your shift lever bent??, or one side,
ahead of the other and not shifting evenly??
 nopics
 popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn
Whipperag

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 07:17:41 PM »
As long as they are not broke or worn they are fine.

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 07:08:31 PM »
They did but know I’m haveing second thoughts on whether they pointed far enough back. I will be checking tomorrow. I seem to have a ton of foreword and not enough reverse. I’m not shure if that makes sense. But if I could take some foreword out and put it on the reverse side it would seem to be right. I also don’t have any more adjustment. You’ve got me thinking maybe they are in wrong. Next question are they wiped out by now and should I order 2 more from Richard?

Offline George

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 06:57:42 PM »
Will the diamonds point rearward when you'll pull the shift lever up?

There are springs inside the shift collars. They sort of seat the shift collar when in forward or reverse. They're kind of a pain to handle during reassembly. If they got pinched or were not re-installed, that might explain why you need to stand on the shifter to keep it from popping out of gear.

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 06:42:53 PM »
George that’s good information. I did put them in and they seemed to go in fine but when we put the new spring operated shifting bars, that Richard sells, it did seem like they wouldn’t travel both forward and reverse to well. They seem rubbery but I’m thinking it’s because I’m not used to it. I did run the machine today to finish up my last 1/2 ac, I held my foot on the shifter to make shure it was as far foreword as possible, if I took my foot off it seams to want to slide out of gear very slowly. The only reason I think there in properly is because the top cover that holds them down went right on.

Offline George

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 06:22:26 AM »
Can you get the tranny into neutral? If so, put it into neutral... then try inserting the shifters with the points of the diamond pointing outward (perpendicular to the case). They will not go in all the way if the L and R shifters are on the wrong side of the case.

When you put the tranny in to neutral, the diamonds should be pointed straight out, pointing forward when driving forward and pointing toward the rear when in reverse.

The shifters can go in to the T-20 if you mix them up but they won't pivot properly. I know that you can use a screwdriver to switch the tranny (without the diamond shifters in place). You can try that to see if the problem is with the diamond shifters.

I have a video on Youtube that shows how to assemble the T-20. Right now, it's set to private. If you have a youtube account, I can grant you access to the video.

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 06:17:17 PM »
Would it still go forward and backward if they were wrong

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 08:56:31 AM »
I wonder if you mixed up the diamond shifters. They are left and right specific.
That's a Good point  ;)
You have My # if you need to call me.
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline George

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 06:59:58 AM »
I wonder if you mixed up the diamond shifters. They are left and right specific.

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 07:23:43 PM »
I thank you for the lead on Jersey Bigfoot I bought new cables, those new shifter linkages with the springs, the 2 new diamond shifters. We / mechanic put it all back together and it just doesn’t shift in reverse right, the mechanic says there no more adjustment, I don’t know what I’m doing, and just need someone who knows the machine and trans that can look at it and say here’s the problem. I’m almost ready to drive up to wedge.

Offline whipperag

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 06:41:10 PM »
I think you should send Jerseybigfoot a PM.
He’s a Max IV guy. He’s in New Jersey that’s closer that me.
 Most of these machines just need a little TLC and a LOT of money.
 dance dance dance dance dance
Whipperag

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
Who’s close and how much
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 06:17:57 PM »
Looking for someone close that knows something about a max 4 and how much money to look at it and make adjustments to trans or whatever. This machine is driving me insane.