Author Topic: Max II inner bearings  (Read 4589 times)

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
Re: Max II inner bearings
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 09:11:11 AM »
used those oilite bearings back in the 70's on go carts. was tired of bearing coming apart. I never put anything on them so anything would help . maybe.
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 07:32:05 AM »
The Bushing is made of Bronz oillite  ( I think I spelled it wrong  ???) It dose not need a lot of grease just some heave oil .
But Greasing it is a Big + !!
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline Dw89xj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full 6x6'er
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 11:12:28 PM »
Speaking of bushings, I was considering tapping the bushing/axle and putting a grease zerk on them to keep them lubed without removing the axle. Anyone tried this?   dance
I asked this awhile back on the other site, I think it would make things much easier. Would certainly be easier than pulling the axles to put a dab of grease on the bushing.
Dan

Offline JonathanF101185

• Full 6x6'er
  • Jonathan's South Texas 6x6
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 01:48:28 PM »
Speaking of bushings, I was considering tapping the bushing/axle and putting a grease zerk on them to keep them lubed without removing the axle. Anyone tried this?   dance

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 06:42:14 PM »
I have machines that use Bushings and if there kept lubed and clean thy last a long time. The Amphicat use's them inboard and outboard. Also remember how much you running the machine . Not saying others are wrong by any means ! It is just a Bushing will Never let you Down ! It just get loose ! A Bearing Will lock and fall apart and let you down ! BUT Thy are Stronger in the long run also. So if you don't have the means to do the change over Run what you have. I Clean and lube mine after ever long ride . Never had one do me wrong yet  whistling
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 09:41:15 AM »
I was just going to use the bushings to help align the flanges, my thoughts were once the bearing is on there the bushing will do very little if anything. That is if I find I need them.
Dan

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 09:37:11 AM »
Having both?  That would required 2 machines.  Bearings in one and bushings in the other.

Offline Moose1363

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 09:32:55 AM »
I'm more for playing arround with it but my kids like to push it to the limits. Do you know if having both is ok. whistling

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 09:23:47 AM »
I guess that would depend on what you use it for and how often you use it.  If it will get lots of use and abuse then go with the bearings.  If it will be a play toy used once in a while then the bushings should be ok.  Just keep up on the maintenance either way.

Offline Moose1363

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 09:16:26 AM »
I though since it was appart now woud be a good time to make the change. But i also have new bushings in the axles now. not sure what benifits I will get for the cost. 

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 09:14:53 AM »
I would go with the bearings.  They are much better than bushings and should last longer with proper maintenace.  If you are redoing your Max and have the frame out, now is the time to make the change, especially if you have the ability, tools and budget to do it.

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 09:07:14 AM »
I would think bearings would be better but that being said I bought new bushings for mine, if they don't last with regular maintenance then I will up grade, but for now to get going I'm sticking with bushings and try to keep them greased.
Dan

Offline Moose1363

• New 6x6'er
Max II inner bearings
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 09:02:42 AM »
Doing my Max II and not sure if I should install bering assemblies or just leave the axle bushings and rod? Is there anybenifits to putting in bearings and holders or is it a waste fo time.  banana