6x6 Technical Questions > Engine 2 cycle

Rockwell JLO L300 broken clutch spring

(1/1)

chrisgt500:

--- Quote from: wedge on June 11, 2018, 07:51:44 AM ---If you need used parts I have some in the shop. Like Wheels and some tires. And the adapters to change over to 5 lug.

--- End quote ---

What would be your price on the set of 6?

I see that 6x6parts.com has the adapters and wheels (and other stuff that I need), however I was just going to make my own adapters to 4 lug wheels since they seem cheaper and more ubiquitous. But if you've got a used set that'll just bolt up... Saves me some messing around.

I can't run 21" tires, though. The back left will hit the muffler and they'll be VERY close to the tub, I'm thinking 20" is about as big as I can go there.

wedge:
If you need used parts I have some in the shop. Like Wheels and some tires. And the adapters to change over to 5 lug.

chrisgt500:
Hmmm, with wheels and tires hitting harder than I expected, I'd rather not spend a fortune on the clutch. But I may have to after all.
Think I might swing past a snowmobile repair shop with the engine in my car and see what they say. Might get lucky and find a place with a box of old parts. The rollers look crusty, but i can probably clean 'em up, we'll see, I guess.

wedge:
Looks Like a Salsbury (think I got that rite ?) or Comet clutch.
You can get rebuild kits for both of them. I am not sure but I may have some springs at the shop ??
Look at the Bell and rollers good as if thy are worn also it will be Cheaper to replace the Whole Clutch  whistling

chrisgt500:
I'm working on restoring a late 60's or early 70's attex with the single cylinder JLO L300 engine and it has a broken spring in the clutch assembly.

This is the tag on the engine

This is the spring that's broken

I should not be able to pull that up by hand. The attex came with two engines, one in the thing was seized up, I got the second engine running with some tinkering, all three springs in the blown engine are broken as well, so I'd be inclined to replace all three.
I don't know if it'll be an easy part to locate or not, I may have to take it to a snowmobile shop and see what they can find me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version