How To: Repair of your 6x6 Photos, Vidoes and Guides, please no questions > Axle & bearing removal, replacement

Weird axle break

(1/4) > >>

Delduck:
Thank you

wedge:
Let me know when your closer to wanting it done. I will need to see if the shop is empty as I know I have a truck to redo the drive line in also.
But I will help you .

Delduck:
I understand the work to play cinario. I still would like to redo the entire max 4 somewhere around feb or March if your interested. I just saw whippers pic of his springer which gave me the idea of putting the steering controls next to my seat instaid of reaching out in front.

wedge:
Glad to hear your getting it done. Hope all turns out well also. If I can be of any help let me know .
Still like to make it down one weekend ? But if the work is there for my shop I am ready to take it on.
That is what pays for my toys !  8)

Delduck:
Took the bearing cage to a machinist on fri he said the reason the axle broke was because the bearing cage wasn’t tru to the axle so it crystallized the steel. He’s making a new one now that is heavier than the old one.  Hopefully I’ll get it in on mon, so I can get back to working with the machine, I still have approximately 12 ac of phrag that needs to be matched down. I was supposed to be done by thanksgiving, will see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version