6x6 Technical Questions > WHEELS and TIRES

Post your tires and how you like em!

(1/20) > >>

Tyler J.:
Ok thanks. I skipped over those because it didn’t seem like they had enough tread depth, but google tells me it’s about the same as the Rawhides.

wedge:
Carlise AT101 on Amozon for like $65. Good tire and used on alot of 6x6's . I use them at my shop and the price is rite !

Tyler J.:
Has anyone tried these Kenda tires?
https://www.amazon.com/Kenda-Garden-Grasshopper-Mowers-21x11-8/dp/B085DLH2H8/ref=psdc_13789601_t3_B005C5MCX6?th=1
The pattern looks like it would swim well, but the lugs are a little closer together then the Rawhides.

monkstr6100:
I really dropped the ball and never updated weather I liked the swamp witch tires or not. So far they have been great. Ride smoother than my rawhides did. Tear through the snow and get great grip on even glare ice. They DO swim, just NOT very fast at all. Slower than the rawhide IIIs did even. But that's why I have an outboard motor. Havent got any real mud tests yet, but if its anything like the snow, they are a great tire.

Craig_B:
After considering the AT101's, Runamucks, Carllisle Strykers and the Duro HF243's my bank account decided on the Duro's
Very reasonable price almost half of what the other tires cost. Got them delivered for $71.00 (Canadian) each.

Mounted them "backwards" so they acted in a similar way as the original Runamucks. They grip well and steer good too.
The big question was how well they would work in water. I dont have anything to compare them too specifically but they seemed to work ok in my opinion.
I wont be breaking any speed records but the machine putted along at at steady pace and I am happy with their performance.

The other benefit to me is their size. I had an issue with my track which I use in the winter rubbing along the bottom of the tub and the previous owner actually rubbed a few holes through the plastic.
I measured my old Runamucks (22X10X8) and they must have expanded with age. They are as bald as can be but measured out at 22 1/4" inches.
The new Duros are 22X11X8 and actually measured out at 21 1/4" inches. I am hoping this will give me enough clearance when the tracks go back on for the winter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version