Author Topic: where to start  (Read 2688 times)

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
Re: where to start
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 09:27:04 PM »
Sie wissen nicht, ob Sie wissen, dass diese Website eine ausgezeichnete Informationsquelle ist. Daher werden viele Materialien auf der Website verteilt.
You do not know if you know that this website is an excellent source of information. Therefore, many materials are distributed on the website.
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline Dirtdobber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
  • Dirtdobber
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 04:37:55 PM »
Welcome to the 6x6 club fathead1974.  You are starting out the same way I started out - with a bucket of bolts.  Post some pics of your machine so we can all see what you have.  I have two machines that are partially disassembled and perhaps I can give you some pics if you need them.  These are fairly simple, intuitive machines with the transmission being the most complex part.
Hustler 950, hustler 980 tall tub

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 10:00:11 AM »
take the frame out and assemble it 100 percent on the "bench" when you know everything is there and in working condition remove all components, install the frame back in the tub, re assemble, and you will be good to go.. do it now or you will regret it later GUARANTEE. a couple of grand now will be well worth it in the end. IMO, rememeber " never enough money or time now but always money and time the 2nd time" so do it now
iagree kik kik
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 09:35:35 AM »
take the frame out and assemble it 100 percent on the "bench" when you know everything is there and in working condition remove all components, install the frame back in the tub, re assemble, and you will be good to go.. do it now or you will regret it later GUARANTEE. a couple of grand now will be well worth it in the end. IMO, rememeber " never enough money or time now but always money and time the 2nd time" so do it now

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 03:56:17 PM »
Call Mike at Richards 6x6 parts. He may have a Break down print on it to help you see where everything go's. The number is in the home page header . Richard has a Very Large Hustler parts inventory !
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline fathead1974

• New 6x6'er
where to start
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 03:08:36 PM »
i was given a Hustler 6x6. i have the kohler engine, the t20 transmission and axles and everything else has been thrown in a tub. the meaning behind everything is chain, nuts, bolts, control stick, etc.  where the heck should i start in putting this thing back together.  once i had it loaded, they told me that they messed up an axle jumping it! i think i have noticed a sprocket bent but any tips, tricks etc. is greatly appreciated.