Author Topic: Covering the floor and chains  (Read 2734 times)

Offline snaps10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
Re: Covering the floor and chains
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 11:23:18 AM »
lw1911, did you ever get your screens installed?  I’m getting a ton of leaves and small fruit in my tub, then it gets covered by the small tranny leak I have making a mess to clean up.

Just curious how ou planned on attaching your screens and what our were using. I was thinking of around #40 mesh stainless wire

Offline lw1911

• Trade Count: (1)
  • 6x6'er
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 10:51:58 PM »
I'll try to get my screens installed soon, see what you think
Men of their word are known to be trusted, superior, and reliable. A man who breaks his word is known to be weak, unreliable, and inferior.

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 09:34:20 PM »
That sounds like a good idea ? iagree
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 09:31:20 PM »
Shifter and openings down the side. We use layout boats in the bay for waterfowl hunting and they have a canvas spray shield with a hole in it we were thinking of trying that.

Offline lw1911

• 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 10:34:52 AM »
Is the debris getting into the tub through cooling holes or through shifter and lateral openings?
Men of their word are known to be trusted, superior, and reliable. A man who breaks his word is known to be weak, unreliable, and inferior.

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 07:30:09 AM »
This is in a max 4 with cover and roll cage. I just learned last night how to put a video on you tube, I'm still learning how to put it here. If you go to    GoPro 10 ft high in tracked argo   That is what we use the max 4 to do from nov till feb. the video was shot on a pole because in the drivers seat you see nothing.

Offline lw1911

• 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 12:27:58 AM »
Delduck are we talking about a Max II or Max 4? Are the reeds and debris getting in through engine vents? I have wire fabric cut to cover these vents on inside of upper, just haven't had a chance to rivet them on.

Offline WFO

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 09:56:02 PM »
that could be a problem deflecting , engine needs air to cool. the only thing i can think of is a full top. maybe try and avoid the debris or what i do sometimes is take a branch cutting tool and trim the trail.
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline Jim

• Administrator
  • 6x6'er
  • admin
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 08:29:09 PM »
Below the box where you type your text, click on "Attachments and other options", click on the "choose file" button.

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
Covering the floor and chains
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 07:21:18 PM »
When I can figure out how to post pictures this will all make sense. I have a problem with the bottom tub filling up with reeds, then getting into the chains and sprockets and chopped up like a wood chipper. Has anyone seen or made a cover that helps eliminate this problem. I am thinking of taking the max to a canvas shop and having them make a big sock to sit in. When you see the pics you will see the stalks and fodder is deeper than the chains. We pick out what we can then vacuum it, what a PITA. Any suggestions?