Author Topic: Floorboard  (Read 4015 times)

Offline snaps10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
Re: Floorboard
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 12:06:32 PM »
I’m liking separating the seat. After I recovered the seats I just set it back in on top of the pan. Actually put the floor pan under the top of the body everything seems to settle better. I was thinking about putting a hinge on the seat so I could just pick it up and have access to my fuse box, battery, chains, etc.

After playing around I think I will be splitting my floor section into a right/middle/left with hinges on the outside pieces. So I will be able to just pick up either side and have access to chains without removing the entire floor.

My jigsaw has gotten a lot of work lately cutting the body on my machine...

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 02:53:27 PM »
Well I got the New Gear in my ram rear and the Max is just sitting. I have been getting camping stuff together so all in all I am going to be there !  banana
Going to try and bring Both machines .
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 02:48:38 PM »

At leat it is done so I can go to Ohio in 2 months !! banana banana banana dance dance dance

The Ohio trip is just over a month away (33 days)  - June 22-24.  8)

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 01:17:44 PM »
I have the angle and all but I Haven't touched SunKist but to pus it in and out of the shop  :-\
I have had Rear after rear to rebuild coming in But it pays the toy bill so not going to complain !!
At leat it is done so I can go to Ohio in 2 months !! banana banana banana dance dance dance

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 12:59:04 PM »
 iagree
gonna do it to mine also when i get home..If I have time

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 11:22:18 AM »
What I did to all our MaxII's is separate the seat from the floor.
Use a straight edge and a razor knife or saws-all and cut the floor about 1" above the shifter slot.
You can get a small piece of aluminum angle and rivet it on to the floor that you just cut.
That will make the back of the floor rigid and keep it straight.
Then you can just pick the seat up if you need to get to the battery or adjust the jackshaft chains.
The floor will be easy to get out because you wont have to fight the weight of the seat.
That is what I was going to do next on mine. The new seat is tuff to lift out with the roll cage !  iagree ;)

Offline Msafi65

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 11:07:23 AM »
I’m with whipper on this one. If a Max II comes in with the floor and seat still attached I ask the customer if they want it cut. I usually cut about an inch behind the front edge of the seat. This leaves a rolled edge on floor pan that may not need additional support. I stick a putty knife between the plastic and seat fabric and cut on the seat backing board with utility knife. One of the best things you can do to a max II.

Offline whipperag

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 10:18:15 PM »
What I did to all our MaxII's is separate the seat from the floor.
Use a straight edge and a razor knife or saws-all and cut the floor about 1" above the shifter slot.
You can get a small piece of aluminum angle and rivet it on to the floor that you just cut.
That will make the back of the floor rigid and keep it straight.
Then you can just pick the seat up if you need to get to the battery or adjust the jackshaft chains.
The floor will be easy to get out because you wont have to fight the weight of the seat.
Whipperag

Offline Phelpsy69er

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 07:14:58 PM »
When I had a max 2 I split the floor pan into 2 pieces about mid way through the shifter hole. Much easier to get in and out that way

Running parallel to the wheels or perpendicular to them?
Perpendicular to them,where your shifter lever is I cut across about the middle of that slot. Seat lifted out and then I took the rest of the floor pan out. I’d post a pic but I sold all 3 max machines.
Good luck
phelpsy69er

Offline snaps10

• 6x6'er
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 12:36:34 PM »
When I had a max 2 I split the floor pan into 2 pieces about mid way through the shifter hole. Much easier to get in and out that way

Running parallel to the wheels or perpendicular to them?

Offline snaps10

• 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 12:35:41 PM »
When I built my Hustler, it came with no floorboards.  My neighbor is an HVAC guy, so I got an old AC unit carcass and used the outer sheet metal to make the floorboards.  I formed them with nothing more than a hammer, pliers, and a good sturdy table edge.  They aren't pretty, but a little outdoor carpet took care of that.  They work perfectly.

My sheet metal guy is an HVAC guy. He forms a lot of sheet for outdoor furniture I make. So cheap and always perfectly square with great tacks. I’m pretty certain I could take him in the dimensions and he could have it done in no time. The problem is galvanized. Don’t know if you can do bedliner on it or not.

Offline Dirtdobber

• 6x6'er
  • Dirtdobber
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 09:57:42 PM »
When I built my Hustler, it came with no floorboards.  My neighbor is an HVAC guy, so I got an old AC unit carcass and used the outer sheet metal to make the floorboards.  I formed them with nothing more than a hammer, pliers, and a good sturdy table edge.  They aren't pretty, but a little outdoor carpet took care of that.  They work perfectly.
Hustler 950, hustler 980 tall tub

Offline Phelpsy69er

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 09:42:23 PM »
phelpsy69er

Offline snaps10

• 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 08:05:51 PM »
Max 2 for me.

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 07:31:22 PM »
For what type of machine?  I am going to pay attention to this thread also, for a similar issue. Thanks for putting the question out there.