Author Topic: Duromax 3 amp charge  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Dw89xj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full 6x6'er
Re: Duromax 3 amp charge
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 05:28:55 PM »
Thank you guys guess more money is getting thrown into the money pit banana banana banana
Dan

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 08:17:30 AM »
You need to put a Regulator on it. I did with my Predator engine. Just get one for a Small Briggs engine. But I will say a good one is Not real cheap ! Richard has the wiring system posted on here also.
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline Dozer

• 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 05:43:50 PM »
My understanding of these engines is that the do require an external regulators, find an on line manual for your exact engine,  so engines have a optional upgraded charging system ( some Briggs) however many do not.  Hop this helps a bit.  Dave Evans

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
Duromax 3 amp charge
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 03:54:20 PM »
Have any of you messed with the charge circuit on any of the clone engines? Can I just hook it to the battery cable? Or does it need a regulator? If noone has messed with it I'm going to do what was suggested and go to work with my multimeter. It's only 3amp but should help until I can track down a bigger charge coil or break down and buy an alternator pulley. I've read mention of an 18amp charge on some Honda's and other clones but haven't had luck on eBay except for the 670 twin and I'm not willing to spend the money on a coil that I'm not sure will fit and function. Thank you all. I've learned alot along the way.
Dan