6x6 Technical Questions > Clutch

Comet 1190 or equivalent???

(1/4) > >>

Tbone9:
Great advice! I might have missed that. Thanks Mark.

Msafi65:
Trevor, when you install the 13 tooth sprockets make sure to space them off the bearing same distance as original ones. If you press them on to the shoulder it makes the the dimensions 1/8” narrower overall. The o-ring chain will touch the case on some.  I also use Tsubaki sigma chain on these. It has a 10600 lb strength rating.  It’s what I use on the heavy buffalo trucks for the drop chain. Haven’t broken one in years. Good luck

Tbone9:
Ok so here’s where I’m at. I talked with Richards and another reliable source locally and the great advice here all points to staying with the Comet. Since the Comet is tuned from the factory for this application I’m not willing to experiment and general consensus is the CV Tech isn’t worth the money.
Some of you may have seen my other posts where I put tracks over 25” tires. That changed my gear ratio to where it lacks some low end with good reason. I’ll be changing the sprocket on the T 20 from a 15 tooth to a 13 tooth to gain a little more low end. This has been done before by a former member and worked well. That change alone should get it to where I want to be without throwing a clutch experiment into the mix. Thanks for all the thoughts and advice.

Msafi65:
In the stock 27 horse 4 I found the CVTec clutches shifted back faster than the comet with a Stock spring.  I like the simplicity of the driven and the adjustability of the drive. For anyone with a 2010 upmax 4 with CVTec clutches a 6mmx1 tool is needed to easily change the belt. It screws into the face of the driven and spreads the clutch , belt comes right off. Another thing I suggested the factory do years ago was turn the top rail of the frame down about 3/8” at the centerline of the clutch. Makes the belt a lot easier to replace and can be done when trany is out. As I said earlier the CV Tec clutches are pricy and that alone would steer me to a comet.

Argo8x8:
That  is what I said call the guys at Richard's as they know hit works in the MAX would and what does not. 812-944-1643.  Jeff Bar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version