Author Topic: need a t20 in working order  (Read 2414 times)

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
Re: need a t20 in working order
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »
That's great!  Most kids want to play video games and play on their electronic devises.  Even though you don't want to mess with the T-20 rebuild, there is nothing like the hands on experience he (and you) will get by doing it yourself.

Offline mark whetzel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 10:05:51 AM »
he's 13 and totally pumped up about this build. he helped me put the StarCraft that wedge now owns together and got the fever. we just don't have a lot of time for internal mechanics. we are more fabricator oriented. when we actually have time to work on it we like to see progress. lol

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 09:57:59 AM »
Give Richard a call.  He'll let you know if those are options.

Offline whipperag

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 09:56:38 AM »
How old is your son?
Whipperag

Offline mark whetzel

• New 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 09:48:19 AM »
I wonder if Richard would just rebuild or swap with cash. I don't want to deal with it. I am defiantly doing a mid engine single seat orientation. I go to Louisville once a month but website says the Indiana location has no parts or service. I also need some idler sprockets and the front floor pan and maybe a partial half. thanks for the reply!!!!

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 09:36:21 AM »
Mark, rebuild the T-20 that you have.  There are videos on Youtube that show step by step and Richard has instruction on here as well.  It's not that hard to rebuild but some things take a little finesse and fiddling with.  Check all your parts before you begin (case halves, drum faces, teeth, splines, bearings, shaft etc).  Richard has most if not all the parts you may need including rebuild kits and bands.  The only way I would look at getting a different T-20 is if you need more in parts than a complete T-20 would cost, if you can find one.  After rebuilding it you will have a greater understanding of how it works.

Since you are rebuilding the Max IV, you may want to move the T-20 forward under the rear seat and lower the engine in the unit.  WFO will also suggest making your T-20 a COOL T-20.  This sounds like a complete rebuild so make all your modifications now for a better machine.  Read through the posts on here to see what others have done to improve their Max IV's (Whipper and WFO's are a good place to start).

Offline mark whetzel

• New 6x6'er
need a t20 in working order
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 08:43:05 AM »
starting a build on a max iv with my son. I need a good t20 to start with. I have one that previous owner has split. everything inside looks fine. I think he tried to put bands in himself and got lost. anyway I'm willing to trade that and some cash for a good t20. Also plan to put a new 22 hp predator in it so I will need a clutch for that engine. only the beginning!!!!