General Category > MAX: Talk pertaining to Max ATV

New to me 1995 Max 2

(1/3) > >>

rider:

--- Quote from: Jerc77 on January 19, 2019, 06:18:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: Phelpsy69er on August 06, 2018, 08:43:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jerc77 on August 06, 2018, 08:34:18 PM ---Ok all, I’ve mounted the tracks and am pretty happy with them. However, I’m playing around with the twin stick transmission upgrade to upgrade and consistently have only one side of the tranny engaging in reverse. Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

--- End quote ---
Is the diamond shape shifter goin to where it should be?  Did it work before shifter upgrade?

--- End quote ---
Yes. The diamonds weren’t removed and it worked fine before I put in the twin stick upgrade.
I think I’ve had enough of this machine. The tracks won’t stay on no matter how I adjust the air pressure. I’m afraid I’m going to have to put her up for sale and get a side by side with tracks...it should be up in the classified section as soon as I can pics to upload from my phone.

--- End quote ---

Is it possible you just need to adjust the bands, perhaps with both sides driving you had enough drive to do it and now you don't. Springs on sticks make it harder to back up also as you are fighting the trans in brake position.

ascaw:
If you are still having problems with one side of the transmission not going into reverse pull the diamond shifter for that side and see what the pin looks like.  If it is worn it may not be moving the shift collar far enough to engage reverse.  Did you change anything in the shift linkages when you made it a split shift?  Not sure about your tracks.  If you can post some pictures of the issues you are having we may be able to help you figure them out.  Hate to see you get rid of a great machine that may only need some minor repairs or adjustments.

Jerc77:

--- Quote from: Phelpsy69er on August 06, 2018, 08:43:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jerc77 on August 06, 2018, 08:34:18 PM ---Ok all, I’ve mounted the tracks and am pretty happy with them. However, I’m playing around with the twin stick transmission upgrade to upgrade and consistently have only one side of the tranny engaging in reverse. Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

--- End quote ---
Is the diamond shape shifter goin to where it should be?  Did it work before shifter upgrade?

--- End quote ---
Yes. The diamonds weren’t removed and it worked fine before I put in the twin stick upgrade.
I think I’ve had enough of this machine. The tracks won’t stay on no matter how I adjust the air pressure. I’m afraid I’m going to have to put her up for sale and get a side by side with tracks...it should be up in the classified section as soon as I can pics to upload from my phone.

wedge:
When in Reverse BOTH side's of the tranny Should be locked it .

Phelpsy69er:

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version