Author Topic: CARB!!!!  (Read 1420 times)

Offline garretttpe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
Re: CARB!!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 11:52:48 AM »
FIXED
Finally got a chance to look at my issue and it was a clogged idle jet, Crazy, I put the carb in my heated ultrasonic cleaner, blew it out, new fuel filters, 2 of them, 1 at the tank and one just before the pump. now it is back to running and idling great. I guess this goes to show no matter how much you clean, stuff can still be in or get into the jets.
Larry

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 12:25:57 PM »
Thanks
that makes sense, hope that is all that is wrong...guess I will run the gas out of it.

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 10:21:46 PM »
As a result of actions due to the coronavirus (Covid -19) and the subsequent reduced economicactivity, fuel consumption has been significantly reduced. The fuel distribution system is dependenton high throughput to transition from higher vapor pressure winter fuels to lower vapor pressurefuels for the summertime EPA regulated ozone season.In response, EPA has enacted waivers of seasonal fuel requirements. For more details, pleasereference the EPA website.epa.gov/enforcement/nationwide-fuel-waiver-concerning-summer-gasoline.This could result in more volatile/ higher vapor pressure fuel in the retail fuel system longer thanwhat is normally permitted by the EPA or States. Customer issues related to higher volatile fuelcombined with warmer ambient temperatures are possible, and standard diagnostic procedures maynot lead to a root cause.Potential issues could include vehicle refueling concerns, stalling, driveability issues, DiagnosticTrouble Codes (DTCs), increased evaporative emissions and fuel odor. Issues are most likelyto occur in warm temperatures within 1-3 days of refueling.POLICY:Information Only
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 10:18:22 PM »
just for you information the EPA has sent out a warning on winter fuel change to its summer blend.
CHRYSLER has sent us a TECH NOTE saying that we will be seeing more drivability issues because of this.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 10:23:11 PM by WFO »
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
CARB!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 07:21:10 PM »
dont get it, 2 weeks ago put my carb in the ultrasonic cleaner and everything was running great, had a bad regulator, got it installed today and now it wont stay Idling..I only use ethanol free gas, it runs great but I have to keep feathering the throttle below 1600 rpm or so..so over it for now, not going to clean it again, I also have 2 filters on the fuel line just frustrating, 18hp vanguard kik