Author Topic: Governor  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Dw89xj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full 6x6'er
Re: Governor
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 05:17:10 PM »
That's motoring pretty good if I can get 30 out of my Max ii that will be more than enough, at least for a little while.
Dan

Offline garretttpe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 10:56:59 PM »
Wedge.

I removed my governor and modified my throttle linkage on my 18HP, and installed a high rev kit, I can now go to 5500 RPM with no issue, I normally only go to 4400 to 4600 as I dont have a good billet flywheel yet.. I can go to 31 MPH and the extra RPM's are great when going up hills and over trees.

the attached was given to me from a member of the "other place" whom I have seen on here once n a while.

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 05:26:25 PM »
Did the throttle deal and we are WFO ! ( sorry had to do it  whistling)
I did adjust the Gov and remove the set spring on it but I am just down on rpm for some reason ?
I will look it over again this week but it is like 15 deg out and no heat in the Goat shed ! LOL!!
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 05:23:17 PM »
Make sure the throttle is opening all the way and not binding or catching on something.  Can the govenor be adjusted/is it adjusted properly?

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 05:12:51 PM »
I am all with you on that. I understand the deal also But after running these engines in Many thing's for some reason this 18hp falls short on RPM's ? Maybe the little Hemi head 13 has spoiled me ??
But even the 18 in my other max had more as I remember ? Now this was a Log splitter engine made to run at one speed so it may be a Timing deal ? I just don't want to take it off if I can help it . Just looking for a little more speed out of it. For some reason it just seams Slow to me ???

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 05:03:44 PM »
Engines with govenors are usually designed to run with them.  By removing the govenor you risk over speeding the engine and damaging it.  The govenor will basically allow more power when needed under a load and not allow an over speed condition with little to no load.  I really don't think you will gain much by removing it unless you are building an engine to run without one.

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
Governor
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 02:34:26 PM »
I thought I would ask if anyone is running there engine without a governor hooked up ?
I have a 13hp in my A,cat without one But what about a Max 2 ?
I remember Nubs telling me about it but I forgot what he told me ? ( old or hard headed you take your pic ?)
Just looking to get a little more speed out of an 18hp engine.
Post up your Pro's And Con's on this as I am on the curb at this time.