Author Topic: Escargo vs channel tracks?  (Read 4863 times)

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
Re: Escargo vs channel tracks?
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 09:08:40 PM »
Sorry I had to do it  8) whistling
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 09:08:05 PM »
Like a DUCK to WATER !  hilarious rofl fls banana

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 09:05:55 PM »
He will find the weak parts.  8)

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 09:03:55 PM »
Duck You my NEW Test Pilot !  banana If I build Anything that need a run down You get it First  banana banana banana

Offline Delduck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 09:00:07 PM »
Tracks are hard on the machine        I second that with a lot of receipts for proof

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 08:58:30 PM »
That's Cool as we all do it ! Heck I start out to build a roll bar and end up with a Pro Stock cage !  hilarious
Just the way I get into it  whistling  But I can say this a Snow Track and a Mud track are two different animals !!
I my self Don't run tracks. But have set them up for others so it is what you want and for some it isn't  whistling

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 08:53:52 PM »
For your machine I would start out with a good set of 22x11x8 tires. Tracks are hard on the machine and you really Need Solid Spline axles and bearing cages and so on . Plus Bigger Chain than your machine has rite now. Just saying you can go a lot farther with less !
You won't really see what you have till your o the ground and running so start out Small and build your way up. I have a lot of people out there running machines and having a great time that I fixed them up with less so not to be over budget  :D
  You're right, I do have a way of over thinking and getting ahead of myself. But tracks are a long term goal, I will definitely be wanting to play in the snow if I never need them any other time.
Dan

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 08:51:13 PM »
For your machine I would start out with a good set of 22x11x8 tires. Tracks are hard on the machine and you really Need Solid Spline axles and bearing cages and so on . Plus Bigger Chain than your machine has rite now. Just saying you can go a lot farther with less !
You won't really see what you have till your o the ground and running so start out Small and build your way up. I have a lot of people out there running machines and having a great time that I fixed them up with less so not to be over budget  :D

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 08:50:26 PM »
I will need to be able to climb a close to 5 foot bank to cross the creek at my campsite too if that helps.
Dan

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 08:44:52 PM »
My driving will be a mixture of putting on trails to wide open along the edge of a field, to maybe sometimes just busting brush. Not alot of mud though I'm sure I'll find myself in some mud now and then. I will be using it hunting so that's where'd I'd probably find myself in mud the most, setting up for geese and ducks.
Dan

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »
Garrett I remember when you asked that question and I was watching for responses every hour. It’s been I while now that I’ve had tracks on my max4. I’m partial to the solid rubber tracks, but I only use the machine for one thing 1/4 throttle, 4-5 mph tops, running over phragmitis and seeding millet, and this year we’re going to hook up a spray rig if I can keep it together. I’ve been around the plastic tracks and for what I’m doing they slip too much. The wider tracks with the openings between the grousers worked well until I got into A mud spot then they didn’t have higher ground pressure because the mud I’m in, went threw the track. But I will 100% agree with Garrett that every use and everyone’s style of driving and location is different. Zuk is in Canada and I think he was using rubber tracks but if I’m not mistaken he has tried others, I have 2 friends in Alexandria Bay NY who have plastics and swear by them. Good luck with this thread    It’s a loaded question  rofl
iagree 100%  popcorn

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 07:11:07 PM »
Garrett I remember when you asked that question and I was watching for responses every hour. It’s been I while now that I’ve had tracks on my max4. I’m partial to the solid rubber tracks, but I only use the machine for one thing 1/4 throttle, 4-5 mph tops, running over phragmitis and seeding millet, and this year we’re going to hook up a spray rig if I can keep it together. I’ve been around the plastic tracks and for what I’m doing they slip too much. The wider tracks with the openings between the grousers worked well until I got into A mud spot then they didn’t have higher ground pressure because the mud I’m in, went threw the track. But I will 100% agree with Garrett that every use and everyone’s style of driving and location is different. Zuk is in Canada and I think he was using rubber tracks but if I’m not mistaken he has tried others, I have 2 friends in Alexandria Bay NY who have plastics and swear by them. Good luck with this thread    It’s a loaded question  rofl

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 07:05:05 PM »
On the other side of the coin  whistling
Thy also might Keep them in against the tire to do More damage ?
Best deal against Thorns is a Heavier PLY Tire ! Like a 4 ply VS 2 ply
Maybe some slime to n the mix too? I hadn't even considered the tracks holding thorns or forcng them into the tire. Luckily it's mostly greenbriars for me not heavy duty thorns .
Dan

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 06:44:21 PM »
On the other side of the coin  whistling
Thy also might Keep them in against the tire to do More damage ?
Best deal against Thorns is a Heavier PLY Tire ! Like a 4 ply VS 2 ply

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 06:37:44 PM »
I was considering tracks for thorn control. I don’t know if they would help but seems like it to me
I'd think they'd beat the thorns back pretty good.
Dan