Author Topic: THE ORIGINAL COOL T-20 BUILD  (Read 5396 times)

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
Re: THE ORIGINAL COOL T-20 BUILD
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 09:26:34 PM »
I reposted one pic, so you mark where you will drill the holes for a 1/4 pipe thread. I picked an area at the lowest point in the transmission and on each side of the CENTER PLATE. one side will be for pulling and the other side for return. on earlier model MAX IV their is no crossmember under the trans mounting so you won't have to worry about that getting in your way. latter model MAX IV their is and you have to make sure that when you drill the holes their slightly to the rear. the reason is when you install the hose to the fitting you can reach them and tighten the clamp. JUST LOOK AT THE PIC. and when the cases are split you can see exactly where the holes need to go because you also have to contend with THICKER CASTING AREAS. this whole process is actually easy to do.
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline WFO

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 08:26:32 PM »
thanks . I had just bought that from R.I. before they bailed, got a screaming deal. 1850.00 shipped

Offline George

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 08:11:11 PM »
That's a nice looking T-20!

Offline WFO

• Master 6x6'er
THE ORIGINAL COOL T-20 BUILD
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 08:06:55 PM »
so whenever you pull your T-20 and are rebuilding it, take this into consideration. "COOL T-20" so first off put your T-20 on a bench and clean it up good because you will be splitting the cases. on this build i started with a NEW T-20 after WHIPPER did some machine work to it for the laterals. so of course you will need to have all the parts to make it a COOL T-20 , pump, lines, fittings, heavy duty cooler for like oil or trans fluid or similar. try to keep it simple makes for better maintenance latter.