6x6 Technical Questions > T-20 Transmission

min drum/ max band dia

(1/2) > >>

wedge:
I can check the Factory Diameter on a drum if you like. Also if you need some Drums I have good Used ones in the shop.
Sent you contact info so you know how to get a hold of me.

garretttpe:
PERFECT
thank you all, exactly what I was looking for, now to get a chance and open her up and turn them down, prob a good winter project.

Larry

mudpuppy:
Thanks for the advice, this will save a couple of drums which need to be turned down more.

Argo8x8:
Don't forget you can get oversize bands from Richard, which allow proper plunger depth, so you can have long band life

Jeff Bar

ascaw:
I also found this in part on the other site from Whipper:  http://www.6x6world.com/forums/transmissions/8633-t-20-drums-shift-pins-2.html

Page 2 post 15.

The drums are ductile cast iron. Finish O.D. is 6.210. Write it down somewhere so you don't have to hunt for it if you ever need to know.

I talked with Matt @ R.I. about the specs on the T-20 drums. He said that you can safely turn the drums .030 undersize. That's only .015 per side. In a lot of cases that isn't enough to clean up any grooves or pitting. Anthing smaller than .030 may still work, but your bands would have to have a lot of material on them & in good shape. The more you turn the bands down, the farther the plungers will come out of the T-20. What you have to watch for is that the plungers don't come out so far as to expose the O-ring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version