Author Topic: 76 max ii project  (Read 12948 times)

Offline Dw89xj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full 6x6'er
Re: 76 max ii project
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2018, 07:33:18 AM »
Man I'd really like to cut corners just to get riding but thankfully I didn't get my new throttle cable yet and picked up the wrong belt for my alternator, 30 inch is too short I can't get the adjuster bolt back in and it's tight up against the top plate. Since I have these two main things holding me till this weekend I have all week to nit pick everything else and make sure it's all tightened down and is correct. I can't thank you all enough as well as a couple folks on the other site, I must've read every max post on both sites at least two or three times trying to educate myself, hopefully I enjoy the ride as much as the build.
Dan

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2018, 08:32:51 PM »
did you buy a new CARB by engine serial #
No it's still the duromax carb that came on it, I bought a set of jet drills to dial it in, if I don't like it or it doesn't act right I'll most likely go with a keihin or mikuni and see how I like that.
Dan

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2018, 08:13:21 PM »
did you buy a new CARB by engine serial #
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2018, 05:45:33 PM »
Well I guess it's a good day to lay out the tracker soft top I'm hoping to use for a top for my Max ii, and let the rain wash some of the dust and bugs off from being stored. It sure looks like it's going to be an alright fit, I guess we will see after I start cutting and bending brackets and bows and making tabs for it to attach to. I'm going to try and make it in a fashion that wI'll allow it to be used on regular body max it's without too much extra work. When I get to making doors I think I'm just going to make a wire frame like Jeep soft doors and cover them. One chain link, a short v belt for my alternator, a little more wiring and mount a gas tank and she's ready for test driving. Is it okay to use two master links in a jackshsft #50 chain or will that make a weak spot? I need one link added and broke my chain breaker but have a couple single links.  I can hardly wait to make it to some events and meet some of you in person.
Dan

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2018, 01:15:57 AM »
make sure you use good air filter oil on it. i use the UNI air filter oil . real sticky
Thanks for the heads up I'll look for that kind or order some, I know I can get the k&n stuff local but I also never bought much air filter oil either.
Dan

Offline WFO

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2018, 11:08:34 PM »
make sure you use good air filter oil on it. i use the UNI air filter oil . real sticky

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2018, 09:06:52 PM »
You're making great progress, looking good.  Won't be too long and you will be enjoying the fruits of your labor. banana banana banana
I'm sure I'll find the weak points lol
Dan

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2018, 09:05:59 PM »
is that a UNI filter your using?
No it's a knock off from one of the go kart sites.  It seems decent though, except I pinched it a little.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 09:08:26 PM by Dw89xj »
Dan

Offline WFO

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2018, 09:04:25 PM »
is that a UNI filter your using?

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2018, 08:01:27 PM »
You're making great progress, looking good.  Won't be too long and you will be enjoying the fruits of your labor. banana banana banana

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2018, 04:59:36 PM »
Down to the details. It's been a long road. Wiring, add a link to one jackshaft, is it okay to have two master links on one chain or should I just cut a new piece?
 Eventually will be swapping bodies but for now this will get me running or qnd at least get the bugs worked out.
Dan

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2018, 12:03:15 AM »
Picking my engine up from the welding shop in the morning. Finish up locking in my bearings and install chains and tighten sprockets and with a little luck should be ready to start testing. I need to order a couple weather pack electric plugs and the wiring will be done, for now I'm just going to leave about a foot of extra wire and zip tie it all out of the way. Pretty excited to try this alternator setup since my pulley came in the mail. It's a pretty nice piece from Vegas carts but I think on the next one I might just have my buddy turn one in his spare time at work. It was a little pricey but I think will be worth it in the long run. I would buy it again if I have too. I'm stoked to start testing and then move on to building and installing my accessories. I have plans for a front mounted mower deck and plow made from a section of 24" drain pipe I acquired from the leftovers pile at work. I think with a decent cutting edge and maybe a piece of angle to help support it it should make a fairly sturdy and light snow plow.  Time will tell for now I'm just stoked about finally after about a year or so getting this baby back together. Thanks everyone who gave support and help along the way.
Dan

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2018, 02:22:07 PM »
Well we won't be making the trip this weekend. So the max will just have to get tested out around here. More parts coming so it will be mostly "done" for the time being.
Dan

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2018, 06:14:07 PM »
Aftermath
Dan

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2018, 02:04:08 PM »
Should have my block fixed and beefed up this week. My buddy Mervin of CV welding said he thinks he can get me fixed up.
Dan